We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to post an international postcard in Kiev?

Canberra
10 posts
Save Topic
Where to post an international postcard in Kiev?

Hello,

I need a little help from a Kiev insider!

I have been in Kiev a few days and want to send a postcard to someone in Australia. I bought a postcard and stamp from the shop inside the post office on Independence Square, and they directed me to the 'main hall' of the building to post it. However, at the window, the lady didn't want to take the postcard there. My Ukrainian wasn't anywhere near good enough to understand what the problem was. She seemed to be directing me somewhere else, using 'downstairs' motions when she gestured (but there doesn't seem to be a downstairs part of the post office). Either way I couldn't get them to take it or find anywhere else to send it. My hotel desk clerk simply directed me back to the same post office.

So I'm not sure how to post it now, can I just put it in any of the boxes outside the post office? There are blue and yellow ones. Do they take light international mail like postcards?

1. Re: Where to post an international postcard in Kiev?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, August 29, 2013
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to post an international postcard in Kiev?

Hi Kambery and welcome to Kyiv forum!

Hope it is not too late to respond to your request.

I can't remember by heart which box in the Central Post Office stands for international mail, but perhaps there's a sign like МIЖНАРОДНА or similar on the one that you need.

But in fact you could merely drop your postcard down into any letter-box around the city. It would take just a little bit longer but at least you don't have to bother with finding the right box :)

3. Re: Where to post an international postcard in Kiev?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 02, 2014