We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

New York, New York...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the refund service fee charged when one needs to refund a ticket. I will be able to get to the station more than 24 hours before train departure, so according to many sites all I lose is the reservation fees I already paid plus a service fee.

I can't seem to find any site that can quantify the exact refund service fee. Does anyone here know?

Many thanks,

Justin

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

If you return the ticket >24 hours, then you get refund fully for the ticket and reservation part, but lose what is called service commission (sum depends on where you purchased ticket - online via e-kvytok (=7 UAH), at the station ticket counter I think at the moment in most cases it's 12 UAH, but can depend on railways department). Also you will need to pay special fee for returning ticket, which is I think 15 UAH at the moment or something like that

New York, New York...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

Thanks for the reply. So I should get everything back except for maybe 25UAH or less than $4 per ticket. Thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

A friend of mine just cacelled an internet reservation today (> 24 h before running) - overall he lost 18 UAH per Ticket.

Edited: 1:08 pm, May 18, 2012
New York, New York...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

That's great news. Thanks Tusker.

From reading some sites it sounds like quite a complicated process to get a refund. Any tips, or directions on preparing some of the paperwork before I get to the station?

Also I will need to pick up tickets for two journeys and return tickets from one once I arrive in Donetsk. Can I do this at the same window (for internet pickup) and does anyone know where in the station it is located?

Thanks!

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

Tusker80

Do you mean your friend get the ticket refund online or at the train station?

I also want to cancel my ticket but I cannot find the way to do it online.

I booked it via booking.uz.gov.ua and it is impossible for me to be in Ukraine >24h before departure time.

Any suggestion, please.

Edited: 9:19 am, May 19, 2012
Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

At the moment it is not possible to cancel your ticket online. You can only first print it and only then address UZ ticket counter (at the big stations there is a special counter dedicated for ticket returns) with cancellation and further refund. Also it is quite a lot of paper work to be done when you return ticket bought online, plus money won't return to your card immediately, but it will take some time

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

EuropeTrainsGuideCom

Thanks for your reply.

I also have few questions about Ukrainian trains.

If you don't mind, please take a look at this forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k543…

D J
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
70 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

Hi, maybe a related question/ issue. If I reserve online via one of the booking sides and pay later What happens if I don't get the tickets? Do I only pay the reservation fee - or the whole trip? So my question is what happes with a "no show" on a reserved ticket.

Thanks!

Daniel

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

Hi,

Any updates to this? I am in the same situation as DLKY was. I want to cancel my ticket I purchased via booking.uz.gov.ua but I cannot find the way to do it online. I will not be in Ukraine >24h before departure time. Can I still get a refund of any kind (even if it is partial refund) if there is less that 24 hours before departure at the train station?

Thanks!

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ukrainian Railways ticket refund

ca_glin, unfortunately you can't cancel it online, so you have to print it when already in Ukraine and only then return it with some minor commission. Return operation can be even done when the train already left, so it's totally not a problem if you will do it less than 24 hours before departure