We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Sunderland.
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what days of the week trains travel between Donetsk to Volgograd and also Lugansk to Volgograd. It would be a return journey in June/July time, staying around 3 days in Volgograd.

Times and Prices would be appreciated and links to the correct railways sites as all of the ones I have checked out don't seem to help, so I'm presuming I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

ITS

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Hey!

It looks like there are no trains between Donetsk/Lugansk and Volgograd. However, you can take the train Kharkiv - Volgograd - No 369O. Leaves Kharkiv at 19:36, and arrives to Volgograd at 16:27.

There are also trains going to Volgograd and passing neighboring towns in Donetsk region - Yasynuvata, Makeevka, Gorlivka, Debaltseve. Check this page with Google Translate: old.uz.gov.ua/index.php… for details on each town departure.

Oksana @ActiveUkraine

Sunderland.
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Cheers

ITS

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Hi ITS,

I have just sent you a private message regarding your inquiry about Volgograd. Hopefully, it will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Yuriy

Edited: 9:50 am, February 26, 2012
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Hi ITS and welcome to Ukraine forum :)

There used to be a carriage you could take in Donetsk that would take you further to Volgograd, but it had been cancelled.

The UkrRailways web-site suggests several options of connecting trains. You can find them through uz.gov.ua/en/passengers/train_schedule/ (in English), but will then have to use google-translate for the connecting trains' table. The English web-site of UkrRailways is new and not yet fully functioning in English.

As of today, the available options for connecting trains look this way (google-translated): http://tinyurl.com/7hpafcc

But it might change with time, so if your travel dates are no near, you might want to double-check it yourself later. Or ask again here :)

Edited: 5:17 pm, February 29, 2012
Donetsk, Ukraine
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

There was a bus to Volgograd from Donetsk some years ago. And I find the information, that it still goes. That information is in russian and seems not to be too old (Donetsk West bus station started its work last year.) But that is not on official site, so it need to be checked:

detecddonetsk.com.ua/mainmenu/…

Donetsk west- Lugansk-OIblivskaya-Volgograd - No 11

Days of depature: Wd, Fry and Sun

Departure time 14-10

Arriving time: 07-25

The type of the bus: Neoplan

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Right you are, Yaroslav.

ITS, if you care to consider a bus, you might want to take a look at its indicative time-table here http://ticket.bus.com.ua/ (in English).

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Dear Oksana @ActiveUkraine,

You said the following:

It looks like there are no trains between Donetsk/Lugansk and Volgograd. However, you can take the train Kharkiv - Volgograd - No 369O. Leaves Kharkiv at 19:36, and arrives to Volgograd at 16:27.

While searching for this train I came to the conclusion that it doesn't stop in Volgograd. Do you agree with that or do you know more about this train 369O than I know?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Hi jooorn,

If you pay attention to the date of this old thread, it was started back in February. And the info posted above was valid as of Feb.

The new trains time-table has become valid in Ukraine since late May, with quite a few changes to both trains numerations and routs.

You can find it here (search tool):

http://uz.gov.ua/en/passengers/timetables/

If you need to get from Kharkiv to Volgograd, have a look at #488: http://tinyurl.com/d6tt6o3

And here are some other trains you can take to Volgograd from other cities: http://tinyurl.com/cgwf94m

Edited: 2:57 am, June 10, 2012
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

Thanks for the help. Yes, I had the feeling something changed. The website bahn.de doesn't give any Sovjet-train-times since some weeks..

I was wondering, those trains called

52Ж Saratov Sofiya

52Ж Saratov Varna

...are they only going in the direction of Bulgaria?

I can't find the return train..

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Donetsk & Lugansk to Volgograd by train

I think I found the returntrain, it has the number 52C.

But on which days in july 2012 does this train from Dnipropetrovsk to Volgograd go?