We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

We're planning a trip to Kiev then Krakow in October and wondered what's the best way to find out train times and prices.

Any ideas?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

It might. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast before you go. We used to have both mild “European” weather on Xmas (no snow, temp. around 0C) and the “real” one – with snow, cold wind and “minus” temp.

If you intend to walk or plan any outdoor activities or go to the countryside, you’ll be fine if you have proper attire for cold weather – hat, high shoes, gloves etc.

Bern
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

Border control: generally saying the border control almost always takes as much time as scheduled in timetable, but on some trains like direct #51 might be a small problem with smugglers, so it might take a little longer - you never know.

While new train #35 Lviv-Krakow considered to be one of the best international trains - no smugglers, refurbished (almost new) carriages and the whole train is on good count for customs guys, so nothing to worry about it.

Ticket: international tickets anywhere in Ukraine can be bought only from the ticket desk and pretty much usually only for connection from the station you purchase it from. But cashiers in Kyiv, as a type of an exception sell tickets for train #35 Lviv-Wroclav too.

As of now Kyiv-Krakow direct carriage train #51 - 792 UAH, Lviv-Krakow - from 407 UAH + from 93 UAH for Kyiv-Lviv evening express train.

I would advice to use second option with change in Lviv - it's cheaper, faster and more comfortable.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

I'm going in the other direction- L'vov to Kiev- but starting (not sure where yet*). Will all this work just as well in reverse?

* Was going to fly to Praha, then train overland thru southern Poland but train seems to take a convoluted route. Was looking at Realrussia, maybe I'm confused.

Just do not want to train thru Vienna, I've already been there.

Departure cities-I am flexible. But I do not like the biggest ones-like Moscow.

14. Re: Kiev to Krakow by overnight train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 17, 2010