We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

palm desert
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

Where can I find a time schedule,location pick up for a short river cruise?Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
436 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

www.klubkej.com

http://riverskipper.com/eng

www.rtdnautika.co.rs

Hope this helps, there are a few more google "krstarenje Beogradom" and a few more should pop up.

If you go to the tourist office at Cika Ljubina 8 (1st or 2nd floor) they have brochures with listings of daily cruises.

palm desert
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

Thank you,do you suggest a day trip to Nova Sardi?We look forward to our visit.

Novi Sad, Serbia
Destination Expert
for Serbia
Level Contributor
854 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

"Nova Sardi" - that would be Novi Sad, presumably? Yes, a day trip to Novi Sad and the nearby Sremski Karlovci is practically a must-do if you're visiting Belgrade. However, I don't think there are regular boat tours anymore (there used to be), so you will probably have to do it by bus or train.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
436 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

Yes def do Novi Sad, I suggest take a bus, faster, cleaner and they depart practically every half hour

From the main bus terminal. Buses vary some go by main highway get there a few minutes faster or the ones that go via local roadways, might make a stop ir two in some small towns, but might be more interesting to see some of the countryside which is totally different from southern Serbian, northern portion of the country is more flat plains opposed the the hilly green south. Enjoy your trip

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
5. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

The thing is, the trip to Novi Sad, along Danube is at least as impressive and memorable as Novi Sad itself. If there's enough time, of course. From Belgrade, through Batajnica and then Stari/Novi Banovci, Belegiš, through Surduk and Čortanovci, to Sremski Karlovci, Petrovaradin and to Novi Sad. Still, the best way to do it is on a bike which I understand must sound a bit too extreme for most. :)

I did make a picture-document of my ride so take a look if you're interested:

https:/…20Tour.pdf

Please note that I made it two years ago and it seems to require Acrobat Reader above v6 which I have installed at the moment (it reports an error). My Edge browser opens it without a problem, however. You can also find links to pictures from the ride (Belgrade - Novi Sad - Zrenjanin - Ečka - Belgrade) and real-time movies.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
1 review
6. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

But there is no river tour from Beograd to Novi Sad?

Stoofer

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
7. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

I'm not sure about a dedicated Belgrade-Novi Sad tour. However, there are ships visiting Belgrade from other countries and passing through Novi Sad. From Austria, for example. And I would guess they also go back. :) It might be possible to buy a ticket just from Belgrade to Novi Sad, though the schedule would probably be once a week or so. It would also be possible to hire a ship for such cruise, with food and drinks, but of course that's far more expensive than just joining a regular line.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
1 review
8. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

I don't think that is an option by river to Novi Sad for a short visit to Belgrade, I have also tried to get charter boats but outside of the Belgrade short information trips they want large numbers.

The cruisers from Austria take pax on their tours, you can't just jump on them and they are very expensive.

It's a business opportunity in Belgrade, I often wonder why no water taxi going further!

'Cruise' in Belgrade is a dinner trip of 90 mins just up and down looking at sights of Belgrade and Zemun or basic sightseeing cruise covering same water..

Stoofer.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
9. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

It looks like a great opportunity but each time someone starts a river cruising business (to Đerdap, for example), they have to cancel due to low interest. It's a huge investment and it can't pay off with just a month or two of service a year. Also, huge floodings and generally bad weather in recent years have surely made it even more expensive to run. So, locals mostly can't afford it and it seems there aren't enough tourists to keep it going. Also, in other countries, such tours are usually operated by large companies with several (or more) ships, able to cover for some losses. Plus, you have better shipping services and infrastructure (even access to a port). So, things are not simple. But, with more and more of those short trips, we can probably expect to see something in the next year or two.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
1 review
10. Re: Sightseeing river cruise time schedule and location?

It's simple if partnered with the authorities.

Derdap is outside (by a long way) from Belgrade so will always struggle but a service based in Belgrade must have potential to combine Novi Sad day trips with general sightseeing cruise etc. IMO It's up to business and the government to combine and invest in tourism and infrastructure, they should subsidise it to a degree, perhaps I return for advertising but it's really all about having the will to do it.

Look at what they are spending in the city on new boulevards, Slavia etc., a couple of water taxis are a tiny part of that budget and would create a return and more tourist interest.

Time will tell ;-) until then we have what we have.

Stoofer