We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

California
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

We are American tourists and will be spending 12 days in and around Belgrade. We were thinking about taking 3-4 days in the center of our trip and grabbing a cheap flight to somewhere else in Europe to "see what we could see". Any recommendations on cheap airlines that might take us some 500-1,000 miles from Belgrade to an interesting location? We're open to anything. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
435 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Many low cost airlines fly in/out of Belgrade, but you did not specify when you were coming, so if its summer these flights get booked up way way in advance.....ALL major European cities are relatively close, ex: Rome

is an hour flight time, Paris 2 1/2 hours etc. Don't know what you prefer Rome is great, so is Prague, Budapest is very close drive. But since you are coming from Cal., a very "exotic" destination and perhaps once in a lifetime deal for Americans is Istanbul...very close, very cheap, very exotic, full of culture, history, very popular destination etc. etc......

What I would suggest is doing a package deal with one of the Serbian travel agencies, you can arrange and book all via internet. If you would like send me a message and I will forward you a list of agencies I use (there are many, but 2-3 cheaper than others), as I do not wish to advertise them here (I take it is a no-no, promotional type of thing). Let me know. Regards

California
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Thanks for your message. We'll be in Belgrade and the surrounding area from about May 23 through June 2. We have traveled quite a bit and already hit most of the major European tourist areas, i.e. Paris, London, Rome. We're looking for sort of a quiet out of the way possibly on the water somewhere kind of place. Last year this type of trip was simply a train ride out of Frankfurt into the Bavarian countryside of Germany for three days.

My email address is ranlay@yahoo.com if you would like to correspond that way. Thanks!

Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Use wizzair to fly places from Belgrade. You could get to Budapest in about an hour.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
435 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

@Ranlay, am running out now, I will msg you later on tonight (Serbian time) a prvt-message here on trip advisor, a list of travel agencies I use. You can chose from an array of package deals for 3-4 nights to various European destinations, Bavaria, spas etc., all agencies have English pages and you may contact them via email or they have bookings-online.....be on the look out for a msg later to your trip advisor account.

regards

Geneva, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Take a flight with Air Serbia !

I would recommend Ljubljana in Slovenia.

That place is very,very nice...

Beautiful city with wonderful old town and surrounded by beautiful nature.

Air Serbia also flies to Sarajevo,Dubrovnik,Budapest and many other places...

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Since JAT evolved into Air Serbia they have been making investments in new fleet too. It's a very good service airline, I've always been a regular flyer with JAT and would say Air Serbia brand has continued improving the customer experience. Ticketing staff in London are extremely helpful and you get full service of pre booked seats, name and date changes etc, without costs and hassle.

I hope they keep moving forward.

Stoofer

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

hmmm loads of choices there, take your pick

Athens, Thessaloniki, Zagreb, Sofia,Istanbul, Ljubjana, Milan, Rome,Sarajevo,Budapest, Prague, Munich and Vienna are practically a stone's throw away from Belgrade and can be reached in less than three hours by plane. All cities have direct flights from BEG every day, and every one of them has something offer. It is up to your taste to take a pick.

You could also drive to Novi Sad which is just a couple of hours away from Belgrade. Loved the castle when I visited the place

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

A cheaper and not much longer option is take minibus to Budapest - a fine city indeed. The flight is short but by the time you factor in getting to the airport, waiting, arrival bags, transfer into the city etc. it makes sense for some not to fly.

Stoofer

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

Never thought of that option Stoof

Would also recommend a stop at the border town of Szeged on the way….

10. Re: Quick airplane trip out of Belgrade and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 04, 2015