We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is it

Which Belgrade hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1,092 reviews
Save Topic
How safe is it

I was thinking of going to Belgarde.However when I looked at the Foreign Office(UK) advice it mentioned the possibility of terrorist attacks.so can any one please tell me if any have happened in say the last 2 years and if there are terror alerts currently in place.By the way is it easy to get to Sarajevo by train and how long would it take.This being the centenary of WW1 it would be interesting to see where it all started.

21. Re: How safe is it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, January 16, 2014
Edited: 5:18 pm, January 16, 2014
22. Re: How safe is it

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

23. Re: How safe is it

Riverside...
3 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: How safe is it

Please don't let the word "terrorist" deprive you of visiting a beautiful city. There are many things to see and do in and around the city. I am planning on going this year also. My research shows it safer then many cities in the US. Just take the usual precautions.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: How safe is it

Wingate, I was there in May and was wondering around the centre of Belgrade at 2 o'clock in the morning and I felt MUCH, MUCH safer than I would do walking around the centre of Manchester at a similar time. I didn't have no problems at all in the 4 nights I spent there, the people were brilliant. Belgrade is a cool city!!

Also, try the Rakija :P

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
434 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: How safe is it

Belgrade is a safe city, I was a bit taken back by this "terrorist" question, as it is a horrible though for any city! And As I am sure you trust whatever you are told by your government, but use your own judgement and take a look back at the statistics, in the last 5 years which city has experienced more of such cowardly acts, Belgrade or London?

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1,092 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: How safe is it

thanks for your reply

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: How safe is it

Still do not understand this "terror" alert because Belgrade had never had any problems in that way... Its a very safe city from every perspective.

Are you sure the alert is not for Sarajevo?

Enjoy Serbia!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: How safe is it

Varbyboi

It was covered in detail but unfortunately the thread was ruined with alarmist posts and now lots of deletions, apparently one visitor had someone drilling their door so everyone should avoid the city.

So far as the 'terror alert' goes, Wingate was asking about wording on the UK foreign office site. It's more a general note of caution and quite different to telling people not to travel due to incidents or threats, when that happens the wording is quite different. The current notes of warning applies to all of Europe IMHO, nothing specific that should concern visitors to Belgrade, in fact as many observe Belgrade has been less affected in that regard.

Stoofer

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1,092 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: How safe is it

thanks for your response