We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

Which Belgrade hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

I will be traveling from Sarajevo to Belgrade later this week and am trying to decide between the train and the bus. Does the train get too hot? Will I be able to open windows on it?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

We did this trip by bus a few weeks ago. As you probably know, the buses usually leave from the Eastern bus station in Sarajevo. The part of the trip in Bosnia is very scenic. The bus itself was fine with air vents etc. Even though the bus route is more direct than the train, it still wasn't a fast trip.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

For this route bus definitely. There isn't even a direct train between Sarajevo and Belgrade.

Whenever I travel, I always tend to choose train over bus, but unfortunately in this case I have to recommend you a bus.

Cheers!

Edited: 9:38 pm, June 26, 2012
Melboune
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

As per post 1, we went by bus, so I haven't been on the train, but the times are here (scroll down to train no 450) -

www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/index.php…

It's a bit of a roundabout route, as it goes via Vinkovci, in Croatia, which would seem to mean 2 border crossings. But at least you don't have to change trains with a couple of hours wait, as used to be the case.

For some reason, this train doesn't show up on the DB site, which many people use when planning rail travel. However, we were assured when in Sarajevo that the train definitely exists!

Edited: 2:46 am, June 27, 2012
4. Re: sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, July 10, 2012
5. Re: sarajevo to belgrade bus or train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 10, 2013