We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Im looking at an itinerary that would see me travelling from Albania to Prizren,then Macedonia, then to Belgrade.

I have read though that the Serbian border police will not allow anyone into Serbia with a Kosovan stamp on their passport.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

No, I don't think that's the case, because you will enter from Macedonia and you will get regular Serbian stamp from border police and Kosovo stamp will just be ignored.

Problem would be if you would enter Central Serbia directly from Kosovo (because you theoretically already entered Serbia and don't have Serbian entry stamp), but even then, as I know, your Kosovo stamp would just be stamped over by Serbian one.

I hope everything will be fine.

Cheers!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

I agree with Bogi Man, as far as I know the problem is entering from Kosovo

and you won't be so doing.

I would say though, in matters of border control, visa etc. situations change and it's best not to rely on forums for this advice, check the relevent embassy and authority to be 100% sure.

I'd certainly say if moving from Macedonia into Serbia there is no problem.

Stoofer

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
704 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Is this definitely correct?

I have entry and exit stamps from Kosovo in 2011 and plan to visit Serbia in august.

I read conflicting info on the web. Wiki has an article stating that from July 2012 entry will be refused to travelers who have a kosovan stamp.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Hi Gary

You are best checking such things with the local embassy rather than relying on our advice as we are not experts, it would be horrible if we were wrong so we can only offer opinion. AND such policies do change a it's a very sensitive political subject..

However in my opinion I don't think you have a problem, it's irrelevent that you have previouisly visited Kosovo, that is not the issue. As long as you arrive in Serbia from outside of Kosovo and get a Serbian entry stamp you concur with rules.

So far as I know, the issue is for folk that go into Kosovo from another country and then cross into Serbia, because you must have a Serbian entry stamp on entering Serbia the authorities view you as not having correct documentation if it's a KOsovo stamp, so far as they are concerned Kosovo is Serbia so why don't you have a Serbian entry stamp? It's complicated but that's the basic position as I understand it Travellers that have difficulties will be those that have been in Kosovo and trying to get into Serbia from Kosovo with no Serbian entry stamp.

Please do check this is correct from an authritatitive body, there is now a new government so things change, Kosovo is tricky..

Stoofer

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
704 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Thanks stoofer

The Irish football team play in Belgrade in august and most of our fans traveling will have gone to Kosovo for some time before our game v Macedonia in Skopje last year and still have the passport stamps.

I will check with the embassy to be safe.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Well last year was last year, I'd be very surprised if they are penalising everyone with a Kosovo stamp period. As per my post (and Bogi Man's) I think there is some misunderstanding of what they authoritoes are saying, I don't think that is it at all, it's only to do with the entry stamp at source.

I believe it's only an issue if you are in Kosovo trying to get into Serbia, it's about having a Serbian entry stamp rather than a Kosova stamp and then you could be refused entry. But yes, do double-check this at the embassy.

Stoofer

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

I agree with Stoofer, that you should check with the embassy.

Although I'm pretty sure that you'll have no problem whatsoever with old Kosovo stamps. For Serbian border authorities it will be like stamps from Oz, Lilliput or Gondor, so they will just ignore them and give you Serbian entry stamp.

But for that 1% of doubt be sure to check it nevertheless.

Cheers!

8. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, July 10, 2012
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Skakavac, that would concur with my understanding of this situation in post 4 & 6:

> It's about having a Serbian entry stamp rather than a Kosovo stamp <

Stoofer

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prizren-Skopje-Belgrade

Yes Stooferuk, agreed. Remember, the guards at the border live for the moment to turn back those without a stamp. There are no exceptions.