We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Belgrade

ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
December Belgrade

I was in Belgrade during September and will be going back in early Decmeber. I am wondering what the weather will be like . I enjoyed Ada and the sports center while there but am wondering about winter activities.I would also like to know if there are Christmas markets.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: December Belgrade

It can be pretty cold in December, StaherIreland, take plenty of warm gear.

If the wind picks up the wind chill can go many degree under zero, wind is the main temperature factor to consider but you can get snow too.

Things are still swinging but move indoors, Ada won't be much fun though lunch on Ada Safari can still be nice.

Not Christmas markets as I think you seek, and don't forget orthodox dates are celebrated.

Stoofer

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: December Belgrade

There is always free places for ice skating around the city, indoor swimming pools, or you can walking through one of forest Parks, where is always nice (but cold) during the winter.

We don't have Christmas markets, and yap, we are celebrating on 7. January. Night before Christmas, on 6. jan there is always fests around the Sava Temple, but also smaller local churches.

ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Belgrade

May Thanks for replies.Glad to hear about indoor swimming pools and lunch on Ada Safari sounds good. No too bothered that there wont be Christmas markets .I dont mind the cold but not a fan of snow!!!

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Belgrade

There is so called Christmas Bazaar, held at Belgrade fair (closed space) which is not far from Ada, maybe you'd like this. It's NOT a real Christmas market, different countries present their food, souvenirs etc.. I was there in 2009, I think, and it was nice. It's for charity and as it seems it's held only on December 4.

Here's the link, you can see some pictures:

sajam.co.rs/active/…33685.html

BR,

Jelena

Valjevo
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: December Belgrade

Maiby you think about one day excursions from Belgrade. It wont take a lot of your time, and you will have opportunity to see very interesting places in Serbia.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0352-331c-f58b

During winter you can visit nice mountains: Valjevo mountains, Tara, Kopaonik, Zlatibor, or have some more advanced activities in nonarranged caves.

Bye,

Ivan

6. Re: December Belgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, November 13, 2012