We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Hello All,

we 4 people are planning for a Road trip from Belgrade to Kotor (Montenegro) next week . How safe its to travel by road from Belgrade to Kotor. we planned to start around 3 PM from Belgrade also I wanted to check if on the way where can we stay in the night . my friends wife is pregnant so we opt to have a night stay in some hotel on the way and continue next day morning.

Cheers

Bibhu

4 replies to this topic
Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Hello Bibhu,

I usually take this road Beograd – Tara – Drvengrad – Visegrad – Foca –Tjentiste - Gacko - Bileca – Trebinje - Tivat - Kotor. It is not the shortest one, but for me is the best one. I stay overnight either at Drvengrad or at Visegrad (make sure to see Andricgrad as well). Amazing landscape in National park Sutjeska. Have another stop at Trebinje at least for a coffee..beautiful small town

Br, Ceca

Edited: 2:22 am, August 17, 2018
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Thanks Ceca,

How long does it take to reach Kotor or Budva from the above mentioned route ?

Also hopefully roads are fine.

Cheers

Bibhu

Belgrade
Level Contributor
891 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Roads are fine..5-6 hours to Visegrad and the same from Visegrad to Kotor

We make stops quite often for coffee break or dinner or just to enjoy landsape

Make sure to try food at Kasaba in Andricgrad if you are a meat-lover http://kasaba.strikingly.com/

Cevapi . Deset u pola s' lukom i kajmakom (is my favorite :)) , sudzukice as well (as you probably don't eat pork, this is perfect place for you as a lot of Muslims live there, so they make cevapi only from beef meat)

Br, Ceca

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belgrade to Kotor road trip

Thanks Ceca,

Thank you very much for the information. yes we will follow your mentioned route and take your advises as well. we dont eat Beef either anyway Chicken stick would do wonder :)

Thank you Again.

Bibhu

Reply to: Belgrade to Kotor road trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted