We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

We'll be in Belgrade for 2 days next weekend and the kids would like to take a boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers. Looking for recommendations....

Thanks, Lee

11 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Actually, the best option for us would be sightseeing walking tour and boat tour after that.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
922 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

The boats tours usually starts at 4 pm and 6 pm from Beton Hala under Kalemegdan fortress or from New Belgrdae, near Usce, If you are staying in the old part of town, just walk to the port, it is very centrally located, but go a little bit earlier then you want to have a cruise as quite often they are overbooked during the weekends, so either you need a reservation or to go earlier.

Kej boat starts from Ambar restaurant https://www.google.rs/maps/place/Ambar/@44.8207549,20.4481281,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x65b1b1505068a8b7?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVo6Ok8ZjbAhUD_qQKHZZoB3AQ_BIIoQEwEQ

And the Turtle boat a little bit further from there, but not longer than 200 meters

Br, Ceca

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
922 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

In that case take a look to this option, could be a good solution for you

domovina.com/River-Cruise-Walking-Tour-Belgr…

Br, Ceca

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
4. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Thanks Ceca. I really appreciate your fast response.

Could you tell approximate price pp for river cruising?

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
922 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

i guess the prices are the same like last year, from 11 to 15 euro for large boats for up to 150-200 people, and private boats could costs from 50-60 euro per hour for up to 5 people and up till 150 euro per hour for larger boats for up to 50 people

Br, Ceca

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Was in Belgrade last month went on a boat trip on the Danube and Sava very good small Boat cost 1500 rsd

ticket purchased outside Kalamegadon entrance well recommended tour guide very good ordered taxis for us so we could get back to hotels drinks available on board

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
7. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Ceca, I am really grateful for your recommendation for tours as we took a domovina private tour and it was really great experience. We took a small motor yacht for 7 of us, and we paid only 150 Eur for 1.5 cruising tour. Captain Zoran knows all about rivers and hidden places along the river bank as he is actually living there in a water house. Thanks a lot !

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
1 review
8. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

150 Eur for just that 1.5 hrs?

If so, blimey! That seems very expensive to me.

Stoofer

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
9. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

We did the Turtle River Cruise and would not recommend. The boat is too small, has too many people and there is not a proper deck. Also on the day we went the loud speaker stopped working so there was no proper commentary. All in all it was very disappointing.

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
10. Re: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers

Hello Daniel,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

I am writing a blog about Belgrade and I organize alternative boat tours, which are smaller and more personal.

Here is my promo video and the link to the boat tours on my blog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SwLIg_tL_I

bellegrade.com/2017/…

all the best,

Natasa :)

Reply to: Boat tour on Sava and Danube rivers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted