We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit?

London
Level Contributor
231 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit?

Hey Guys,

What would you consider to be the best time of year to visit Moscow and St Petersbourg? We we playing with visiting in May but I read somewhere on there that its not the best as that month is full of "state holidays" and many sights are closed. Is that true? We don't want to go in winter but also not during the summer months...

Your thougths are appreciated!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit?

Hi, GinaA

Public May days-off for 2012: May 1 - "Spring and Labor day", May 9 - Victory day. Some sights might be closed for just those dates, but not all of the sights. May 1 has nothing special but on the 9th we usually have a military parade and some sort of veterans' parade and also street concerts and performances throughout the city (SPb).

Starting from around May 20th you'll have a chance to see amazing beautiful White nights in SPb!

Second half of May is good for the visit - high chances of nice warm weather, not too many tourists yet.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit?

When it comes to Mow I'd vote for the late May-June or September. It's green, and the cultural stuff is open.

London
Level Contributor
231 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit?

Thanks for your responses! I am pleased to learn that May is not completely out of question and in fact recommended time to visit.

4. Re: Best time of year to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 22, 2013