We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to Sofia?

Which Bucharest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Topic
How can I get to Sofia?

I am aware of the only single train running from Bucharest (at night) to Sofia (in the morning), but as I am only arriving at Bucharest for a day, I wonder if there are any alternatives (not necessarily overnight) in case I cannot get the ticket for that train. Or does that train have any seat reservation (if no, at least I can always get on the train)?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get to Sofia?

Actually there are two trains going from Bucharest to Sofia, not just one.

The first leaves from Bucharest North station at 12.30 and gets to Sofia around 22.00

The second (the overnight train you already know about) leaves at ~23.12 and gets to Sofia at ~9.25

You can find tickets for any of these trains with a few hours before departure.

There's also a bus, leaving from Bucharest's Filaret bus station at 16.00 and arriving in Sofia around midnight. It's rarely full, you can buy tickets right when it leaves.

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get to Sofia?

Thank you very much for your reply! Then I do not have to worry about it.

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get to Sofia?

I am now considering taking the bus. I can find the online booking (group plus), but I wonder where I should be taking the bus in Bucharest.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get to Sofia?

as alterme write few post befor :

"There is also a daily bus, departing from Filaret bus station in Bucharest at 16.00 and arriving in Sofia around midnight."

have a nice ride ( - :

5. Re: How can I get to Sofia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 08, 2014