We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucharest

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bucharest

Please advice to me with the following issues:

1. What is the frequency of the trains to Mamaia (end of august). What is the departure rail station? What is the cheapest and easiest way to reach it from H. Coanda airport (2 audults +2 children). How much should it cost with taxi?

2. What is the frequency and the last departure time of the buses to the airport (is it stops near airport hotels?)

3. Is there any luggage storage (several briefcases) in Bucharest? I need it in the rail station (Mamaia/Constanta direction) or close to it. How much would it cost?

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucharest

Trains leave from Bucharest North train station ( Gara de Nord ) and arrive in Constanta not Mamaia.

There are trains at 6.15 , 7.00 , 7.45 , 8.30, 10.15 , 14.00, 20.10 from Bucharest

To get to Mamaia you can take a double deck bus from train station or bus 100 until City Park Mall ( bus station is in front of train station for bus 100 and double deck bus) , from the mall you can go to Mamaia with buses that go to Navodari town

Bus 40 takes you until the begining of Mamaia resort .

A normal bus ticket is 3,5 lei with 2 travels , you can buy it at bus station . The double deck bus is more expensive and you buy tickets in the bus . Navodari bus should be 2 lei .

You can go by bus from Airport to Bucharest North train station.

Last time I checked there were luggage rooms at Constanta and Bucharest train stations .

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucharest

The price for leaving your luggage in storage depends on how big it is and on the period of time you want to store it .

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucharest

1. You can go from the airport to Gara de Nord with express bus 780.

For 4 people it would cost 15.6 lei / €3.5 (a card with 4 express bus rides uploaded on it)

By taxi it should cost about 25-30 lei (€6-7).

Order a cab only from the taxi help desk in the Arrivals terminal and make sure it charges the normal rate (1.39 lei/km, not more) before you get in.

2. Bus 783, which links downtown Bucharest to the airport, runs approximately every 15-25 minutes during the day (5.00 > 22.30) and every 40 minutes at night (22.30 > 5.00)

Bus 780 ( which as mentioned above links the main train station Gara de Nord to the airport ) runs just between 5.15 and 23.05, at approximately every 30 minutes.

They both pass by the hotels near the airport road entrance, but you'll have to be more specific about the hotel you want to get to.

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucharest

Dariana and elterme.

Thanks a lot . It was very helpfull.

Edited: 9:30 am, June 22, 2013
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucharest

Hi to all.

I have an additional question:

What is the price of the ticket for train Bucharest-Constanta?

I tried to check in the web-site that enable the reservation and the price was more than 100 Euro (2 adults+2 children). Is it make sense? Should i reserve tickets or there is no need to do it?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucharest

Tickets cost 86 lei (€19) in first class and 58 lei (€13) in second class.

Children under 5 years ride for free, children between 5 and 10 years get 50% discount.

It's best to book tickets if you plan to go to Constanta during the weekend. Use only the railway company's own booking tool: https:/…

If you will travel during the week just buy them at the station.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucharest

Hi

better to use a taxi , just follow after what alterme mention :

"Order a cab only from the taxi help desk in the Arrivals terminal and make sure it charges the normal rate (1.39 lei/km, not more) before you get in."

write which hotel you will stay , it will be more easy to help .

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucharest

Hello again,

My wife wants to do some shopping in Bucharest (Clothing and footwear, mostly for children).

We are looking not for the "tourist" malls and markets, but for those used by locals.

I'm looking for smt. between piata Unirii and Gara de Nord, something that easy to find, on our vagrancy between the Bucharest's attractions.

Thanks in advance

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucharest

All malls and markets, including the more expensive ones, are used primarily by locals.

If budget isn't a big problem try the shopping center at Piata Unirii ( www.unireashop.ro/bucuresti_galerie.html ).

If you're looking for cheaper things try the IDM center ( http://www.idmbasarab.ro/ ) near Basarab station, not far north of Gara de Nord.

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucharest

Thanks