We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left luggage facilities

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Left luggage facilities

Hi. I am travelling to Romania next week. On my last day I have to return my car to sixt rent a car (Bucharest airport) before mid-day otherwise I incur €70 charge. My flight does not leave until 7pm in the evening. I would like to sightsee around Bucharest for the day is there anywhere I can leave my suitcase for a few hours. I have been told there is no left luggage facility at Bucharest airport.

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left luggage facilities

I don't know about the airport but there is a luggage room at the Bucharest main train station (Gara de Nord )

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left luggage facilities

Thanks for your reply. How far is the train station from the airport? I am trying to work out if its feasible to drop our car back at the airport, travel to the train station to deposit the luggage then travel into the city for a few hours. We would then have to make the journey back to the airport via the train station to get our case. I am wondering how long this is going to take?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left luggage facilities

Hi

the airpoert is far from the gara de nord around 16 k"m but ! ...

there is direct bus number 780 that conect the airport with the train station .

the bus can take 40 - 90 minute + - depend the trafic on the day hour .

the train station have metro station so it is very easy to get there

from meny location in bucharest :

www.metrorex.ro/Resurse/Harta/harta.png

buy afree day use tickets for the metro just 6 lei :

http://www.metrorex.ro/tarife_p776-1

[Cartela Abonament zilnic]

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left luggage facilities

Try to talk to the rental company to drop your car at the train station

5. Re: Left luggage facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 08, 2014