We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

Which Bucharest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton of Basel...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

Hello, we (2 Austrians) are planning on traveling from Bucharest to Chișinău in July and would be super happy to get some infos about the connections and how to do the trip best and cheap...

After reading an old forum entry I found that there are trains as well as busses, so which is the best to take? Maybe there is someone who already did the same trip?

thanks in advance

Philipp

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

If you want to travel comfortably take the train.

If budget is really a problem or the train's schedule isn't convenient for you (because there's just one train ), take a bus/minibus

The direct train leaves from Bucharest at 19.40 and arrives in Chisinau around 9.00 . Berths cost about €30 and beds ~-€45.

Minibuses usually leave from Filaret bus terminal, approximately at 8.00, 10.00 and 20.00. There's also a bus at 20.00 (leaving from the parking lot of Bucharest North train station) and another one at 21.30 (from Filaret terminal).

They get to Chisinau in around 10 hours. Tickets cost €16-€17 .

Canton of Basel...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

Great info, thanks a lot! Is there a website where I could get infos and make a reservation?

Philipp

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

You can check the train schedule, for instance, on the Moldavian railways site http://railway.md/ro/schedule/ (second table, train 106)

If you really want to make a reservation try contacting http://www.triptkts.ro/contact.php

But you can simply buy tickets on arrival, this train is usually half full.

For the minibuses you could try to book on www.mirtrans-express.com/ro/index_ro.html , although it might be better to do it by phone (see Contact page on the site mentioned above or torpedoturinternat.autogari.ro/contact… for the 20.00 bus)

Or you could just go at the bus station with enough time before departure (30-40 minutes).

Somerset West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

we will be in bucharest for 3 daysin june can someone please help with train fares and times to visit brasov and is it worth seeing

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

There are trains from Bucharest to Brasov every hour between 5.45 and 22.00. They all leave from Bucharest North station (Bucuresti Nord or Gara de Nord). You can search timetables on the public railways website: http://www.cfrcalatori.ro/language/2/

The trip takes 3-4 hours.

Tickets range between ~23 lei (~€5.5) and 86 lei (€20), depending on train type and class.

The usual option (second class seats on IR/InterRegio type trains) costs 47 lei (€11).

You can book tickets on https:/…

Brasov is definitely worth seeing (it has a scenic mountain location, well preserved medieval sites, nearby castles, fortresses, old villages etc.), in fact it's a more popular tourist destination than Bucharest.

Somerset West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

thank you that was a great help in our plannimg

7. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 pm, May 05, 2013
8. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 pm, May 05, 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

I did the train route bucharest - kishinev in March. You can go to the station (i went the day before) and there is an agency just inside the main entrance on the right hand side that sells tickets to any place you want to go. I realized afterwards that i could have walked up the station and gone inside the door on the right just before mcdonalds and bought a ticket directly. In any case it turned out that the agent hadnt charged any extra fee as far as i could see and i paid 60 euros for a return second class ticket. Hopefully in June they will not heat the carriages. I almost hyperventilated from the heat and couldnt open a window but maybe people who enjoy heating wouldnt find it so uncomfortable.

good luck

angie

www.angietravels.com

Canton of Basel...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus or trains from Bucharest to Chișinău

hey, can anyone tell me through which cities this trains goes? I would just like to look at the maps and download the counties I am traveling in by train.... Thanks a lot!