We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Bucharest

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Bucharest

Good day: is anyone able to suggest a hotel in Bucharest that will either have easy access or transportion to the location where the river cruise vessels embark? Two of us will be in Bucharest in October to begin a river cruise. In advance we want to explore the city a bit. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Cruise vessels don't actually embark in Bucharest, they dock in various ports relatively close by on the Danube: Cernavoda (about two hours away from Bucharest by train), Oltenita (~1 1/2 hours by bus) or Giurgiu (~1 1/4 hours by bus). Most cruise companies provide transport from Bucharest to these places.

Just stay somewhere in downtown Bucharest (around Universitatii, Unirii or Romana squares; plenty of hotels, depends only on your budget), visit the city then head to the Danube.

Trains to Cernavoda depart from Bucharest North train station, buses to Oltenita from a small bus terminal near Sudului square and the ones to Giurgiu from a terminal near Eroii Revolutiei square. All these departure points can easily be reached from downtown by subway.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

for hotels reviews in Bucharest :

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294458-Bucharest-Hot…

at right side of the page you have a map "Search by location"

so you can look for hotels that are in the center as alterme mention .

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

I dont think theres a good hotel particularly close, so just go for one inside the city. The Carol Parc Hotel is an amazing choice.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Hello Alterme: thank you for your reply. I think I recall reading in the cruise literature that the depature point is Oltenita. We'll check out hotels in the city center areas. Best regards.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Thanks. We'll check out the Carol Park. Best regards.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Thanks. We'll look for hotels near city center. Best regards.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Hi There,

depending on the budget I can recommend you, from high to low

Radisson or Carol park - aprox 200$

Capital Plaza- 130$

Rin Central - 70$

All of them are nice. If you look for a decent place to stay and not to fancy try the RIN .It is just what you need.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Thansk, ion t. We'll take it under consideration.

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
322 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

I went to this hotel tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294458-d6210…

And it was wonderful

I loved Bucarest and i was very nicely surprised how taxis are cheap in Bucarest

Edited: 5:26 am, January 28, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Bucharest

Hi: thanks for your reply. The Carol Park looks like a worthy consideration for a hotel. By chance have you been to the Clug Dracula? There are pro / con reviews but it looks like fun; after all we will be tourists!