We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour companies flying from Manchester

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Tour companies flying from Manchester

I have tried Balkan Holidays site but nothing comes up flying from Manchester. Can anyone recomend any other companies doing package deals. Must be a north west airport. Thanks

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

The only direct flights between the UK and Romania are from airports around London.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

Thanks for info. Will the tour companies ever realise that there is a world north of Luton.

Maramures
Level Contributor
618 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

You can take a flight to Budapest there is a station which is part of the airport. From here there is a train into Keleti Pu from where you can get trains to Arad, Bucharest, Cluj and the new train to Sighet Marmatiei which takes twelve hours via Cluj.It leaves Budapest at 09.40 and. In theory the train should get into Sighet around 10.00pm. Its an over night train but im not sure if it has beds or not.

If you think the North of England is cut of try the North of Romania but thats why its so nice i suppose.

Rob

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

Thanks. Unfortunately I am a bit soft and prefer a short plane journey(3Hours) followed by a max 90 min coach journey to my resort so it looks like Romania will be given a miss. I was attracted by the beaches and scenery so I will have to stick to greece,Spain and Croatia. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Maramures
Level Contributor
618 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

Maybe Bulgaria better beaches than Romania.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

Thanks I will look into Bulgaria

Moieciu de Sus...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

British Airways flies from Man to Buc

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

BA only flies from London to Bucharest. What you saw are connecting flights (Manchester > London then London > Bucharest).

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

Thankyou all for your help

10. Re: Tour companies flying from Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 16, 2013