We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

My girlfriend and I have decided to take a last minute trip to romania and will arrive in late January. We would like to find a romantic place to spend our time outside of bucuresti and are thinking of taking the train to Bran or Sighisoara. It is all completely spontaneous so if anyone has suggestions for where to go - we would welcome your suggestions. If you have a suggestion as to a place to stay in either Bran or Sighisoara send them along. We are not adverse to the idea of cooking our own meals as we both love to cook. Restaurant suggestions are also welcome. Activity suggestions also welcomed. - Hey we just want to relax and have a nice romantic get away!

Mentioned in this post
Romania
Romania
Europe
Bran
Bran
Brasov County, Romania
Sighisoara
Sighisoara
Mures County, Romania
washington, dc
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

I can highly recommend Brasov - I have been there (but not to Bran or Sighisoara). I travelled to several cities throughout Romania, by train and bus. Brasov was by and far the most romantic.

I would advise as little time in Bucarest as possible. Especially since you are looking for a romantic time.

Where to stay? If you are willing to cook yourself, and live without cleaning services, etc., in Brasov, you are likely to be able to rent a private flat or villa - at the train station, you may be approached, or in the center of Brasov...it is common for private rentals to be offered in this manner. There may be a more surefire way to find out such places, such as a tourist office, but I don't know of one personally.

Depending on how adventuresome you want to be, some of the most interesting, and romantic, scenery is outside of the main towns - the old villages are still in medieval times. You could negotiate with a cab to drive you around, or, if very adventuresome, rent a car and drive through the hills.

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
Bran
Bran
Brasov County, Romania
Sighisoara
Sighisoara
Mures County, Romania
Romania
Romania
Europe
romania
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

hello,

just one suggestion...go to Brasov...i have there a great experience. Me and my friends have stayed there with an accommodation agency ..if my memory is ok I think is' eastcomfort' ( both .com and.ro are from the same company...great and clean apart, affordable, nice area, near the wood....tha Brasov is great not only in winter but especially in winter!!!!!(skiing, skating, ....snow games...so on

have a nice trip...relaxation and romance...it is suitable for this

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
3. Re: 12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:31 am, March 03, 2006
4. Re: 12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:25 pm, April 15, 2006
5. Re: 12 days in Romania - Romance and Relaxation - Where to go

Removed on: 11:25 pm, April 15, 2006