We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Chisinau to Odessa

Which Chisinau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
train from Chisinau to Odessa

Hi folks,

I would like to go from Chisinau to Odessa by train.

Could there be any problem crossing the border to Transnistria, as I heard this could be the case if travelling by bus through Transnistrian territory?

Which train station in Chisinau serves the connection Chisinau to Odessa?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Chisinau to Odessa

I recently took the train from Odesa to Chisinau in October 2012. We went through Transnistria and had no problems. The train stopped in Tiraspol, but no guards even got on our train to check it out. It was a very pleasant ride of about 4 hours. Try to get a seat on Carriage 5 as they have padded seats, all other carriages have wooden seats.

I only know of the main Train Station in Chisinau on 1, Aleea Garii Street. That is the station for the 641 train to Odesa.

2. Re: train from Chisinau to Odessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Chisinau