We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
35 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

We are traveling from Zagreb to Split in mid May. Can we purchase our tickets at the train station the same day as we travel or will we run into the possibility of no seats available? The same question traveling Ljublijana to Zagreb. Thank you.

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

Search here:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
35 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

DjemiZagreb, thank you for your response. I have already found the train schedule that I want to take but just need to know if I can wait and book when I get there or if I need to prebook.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
750 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

I have the same query. I plan to travel from Ljubljana to Zagreb leaving 2.45pm on May 3 then Zagreb to Split leaving 12.45pm on May 7. I plan to use my eurail pass on the 2nd trip but guess I will still need to book a seat.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
35 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

Hi Brianr44. I was referred to a great website and got the answer to my question there. Plus other valuable train travel info. Check out this site by the Man in Seat Sixty-One. www.seat61.com/Croatia.htm#.UVEZehyTga8

Good travels to you.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
750 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

Thanks CouleeCat

I knew this site, in fact Mark Smith replied to my email a month or so ago and informed me about the train from Zagreb to Split as it did not show up on Deutschebahn which I use for my rail planning in Europe.

However I have just purchased ticket from Ljubljana to Zagreb and reserved a seat from Zagreb to Split with Railplus. They do know how to charge but it is in Aust dollars (despite my location, I am Australian) and I can relax more on my trip knowing I have the tickets.

6. Re: Prebook Zagreb-Split train ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zagreb