We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or bus or train from Zagreb to Belgrade - advise pl.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
657 posts
39 reviews
Drive or bus or train from Zagreb to Belgrade - advise pl.

Three of us will be renting a car and driving around Croatia for more than week and the next stop is Belgrade.. We'd like to travel at night to save the day for the city.

1. is the scenery extremely great to make the trip during the day time ?

2. Which is a better form of transportation ? Bus or Train ...? or Car..!

I'll this in Belgrade forum too...if I decide to go Sarajevo from Belgrade, I know that there's no train and the buses are not that good...so does it make sense to drive the Car from Zagreb to Belgrade and drop it off in Sarajevo ?

thanks in advance.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
46 posts
1. Re: Drive or bus or train from Zagreb to Belgrade - advise pl.

I cannot advise on scenery, but do consider the one way fee when deciding between a car rental or public transport. The exact amount of a one way fee between Croatia and Belgrade or Sarajevo will depend on specifics, but it will almost certainly be between €300-400 extra (Oryx and Fleet were two companies I just checked one way rates for from Zagreb>Blegrade and Zagreb>Sarajevo).

If you could drop the car off back in Croatia at the end of your trip you could save yourself the one way fee (there would still be cross-border fees, but not nearly as expensive) but in Eastern Europe a rental car might not be the most efficient means of international travel!

2. Re: Drive or bus or train from Zagreb to Belgrade - advise pl.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2016