We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

Hi, We are looking to go to Croatia this July. I think we are going to spend 4 days in Dubrovnik and then I wanted to head up and fly home from Split. I think we will maybe spend one day/night in Split at the end of our ten days (unless this isn't long enough?)

I've been looking at Korcula, Hvar or Brac for our other five days. Does anyone have any recommendations for which way I should be leaning? Or maybe should I be picking two from this list and doing 2 days on one, 3 days on the other for example? I'd also be interested to know which part of these islands people would recommend being in, as I'll be looking on airbnb for accomodation.

Any advice is so welcome!

Thank you

Ash

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

As always, I would definitely advise you to stay longer, i.e. 5 days in one place, than splitting those few days into 2, if you really want to relax and inhale some of Croatian laid back summer atmosphere... If going to Korcula, you can travel via land to Orebic and cross into Korcula town by a short 15-minute ferry. Then a catamaran can take you to Split from Korcula town directly, or you can go to Vela Luka (on Korcula) and take a ferry to Split.

For the other two islands, you would have to get to Split first, and then take a ferry or catamaran.

In addition, if you insist on combining two islands, there's a 6 a.m. catamaran from Korcula town to Hvar town.

So it's basically up to your ideas of a good holiday... ENjoy :)

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

Thanks so much for your response. I think we have settled on 5 days in Dubrovnik, 4 in Hvar and 2/3 in Split (so it's become a bit more than 10 days!). Sadly our time in Split will coincide with the Ultra festival - does anyone have any experience of how busy Split can get when that is in town. Now we are just trying to decide if we should hire a car while in Hvar so we can investigate - so if anyone has any thoughts on that, that would be welcome too.

Thanks

Ash

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

The idea of getting a car for Hvar is pretty good, as it offers a plenty of hidden places that cannot be reached by public transportation. So - yes.

As for Ultra... there will be tens of thousands of people flocking into Split for the festival, and I wonder whether you can still book any accommodation at this very moment...

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

We have found accomodation - although I am a little concerned that it will be horribly busy! However that's the only time we can go so there's not much else we can do really! I'm a little worried it will make our crossing from Hvar to Split almost impossible if we are unable to book the ferry (with car otherwise catamaran) so again if anyone has any great transport tips that would also be appreciated!

5. Re: 10 days in Croatia - From Dubrovnik to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 02, 2015