We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP mobile / cellular service

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
VIP mobile / cellular service

Hi:

We're planning a trip to Croatia next month and I've started to investigate cellular / mobile phone options. Can anyone who has been comment on the coverage and pricing of VIP? Unless I'm misinterpreting their site, data is only .10kn per MB, which amounts to about $18 CDN per GB. I know as a Canadian I'm accustomed to absurdly inflated rates, but this just seems too good to be true. I would imagine that much data would cover any Skype and messaging needs I'd have to communicate back home. Do I have my conversion correct from HRK to CDN? Is their coverage pretty good? I will be spending some time at my family home as well, which is well outside of the city, putting it mildly.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

d.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP mobile / cellular service

their coverage is superb, at times surreal.

just checked their website, there's the so-called Option M only for the internet - 50kn for 1GB, or 9.20 CDN per GB. their web-site is, by the way, always rather confusing to me, so try to dig in deeper, or wait until you get to Croatia and check out their store. The same goes for T-mobile.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP mobile / cellular service

Thanks so much! I never learned to read the language properly, so I was relying on a loosely translated English version of their site. I see that they've got a store in the main square (which is close to our hotel), so I'll pay them a visit early on. That is a very fair rate.

3. Re: VIP mobile / cellular service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 14, 2014