We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
22 helpful votes
Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

The reports on the early 2012 Adriatic Pearl cruises were pretty negative. I am happy to report we just completed taking 22 family members and friends on their 1 week trip out of Dubrovnik and we were impressed. They have completely revamped their menu and service. The food was plentiful, varied and tasty. Everything seemed to be made from fresh, locally acquired produce, meats and fish. Coffee was brewed, not instant. No one went hungry. Rooms are spacious(bigger than most cruise ships), staff were delightful, ports visited were interesting, local tours provided were excellent. If you want a relaxing vacation sailing through the Adriatic islands I suggest you consider this one.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
45 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

thanks for having shared your experience with the crowds in here! see you again in Croatia :)

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

My husband and I totally agree with CJ 1941. We recently (Sept 2013) completed a one week cruise on the Adriatic Pearl with a fantastic bunch of people, none of whom we had met previously. Most were Australian, but there were a few of us Kiwis, a couple from Hong Kong, some English and two European women. We cannot speak highly enough of Sjrdan, our cruise director and the rest of the crew. The cleanliness of the ship, the housekeeping, meals, service, itinerary and guided tours, not to mention the opportunities to swim off the back of the boat and fantastic fellow passengers, made this one week holiday one of our best experiences ever. Thank you Adriatic Pearl. Keep employing and rewarding your great staff and you will be in business for many, many years to come.

Nelson, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We were on the MS adriatic Pearl cruise in October of 2013. The staff could not have been more attentive. Our boat leader had to improvise as we had a few days of inclement weather and he was on the phone all the time arranging other events for us, checking with the captain and evading downpours. I have to say that inclement weather is apparently not the norm. The food was very plentiful and 5 star, delicious fresh meals, two entrees each dinner. The cabins were spacious for a boat. Cleanliness superb. We sometimes moored beside other boats and seldom did we have marina noise but this was October. I would never want to visit this area in June, July or August. The crowds in town were huge, the cruise ships plentiful enough so I cannot imagine the crowds in the summer. I would highly recommend this boat!

Ushuaia, Argentina
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

You said that you took 22 family members - is this a ship that would work for families with smaller children?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We had our two grandchildren (girl, aged 9 and boy, aged 14) as part of the group. They were the only children on board that trip but seemed to have a great time. They especially loved the swim stops. Younger children might be bored with the tours.

Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

My wife and I, along with some friends and relatives, a total of eight of us, cruised on the Adriatic Pearl in early September, 2013. This will not be a lengthy write up because we don't see the need to go to such level of details. An activity, a location, a product, in this case our cruise, are either acceptable or not. We are experienced travelers and we can definitely say that this cruise was not only acceptable, it was exceptional. So, we will keep our review simple.

The itinerary was excellent, we got to see wonderful towns and met great people. The crew was above reproach and the food was very good, as were the portions and variety for all three meals. We did not go hungry, every dinner included large portions of at least two dishes, enough of each for everyone at the table. Breakfast and lunch were usually buffet style and included enough variety to please everyone. The bar served a variety of drinks at reasonable prices.

The cabins are more than acceptable, the showers had enough pressure and plenty of hot water, beds comfortable. Reasonable closet space, lets face it, it's a very nice yacht, don't expect a hotel room design.

The excursions and walks were educational and well timed. Least but not last, the Cruise Director was very knowledgeable and had a great attitude.

No big deal when on vacation, but Internet connectivity could have been better, however, since it works over cellular transmission, it can be affected by weather, satellites and other facts, just like at home.

We will be glad to answer any questions if contacted via normal Trip Advisor channels.

Our advice, if you are considering a cruise on the Adriatic Pearl, is that should ignore the naysayers, book it and go have a great adventure.

If during your booking process with Delecta you come across Zlatko Jovandic....you are in luck, his attitude, knowledge and communications skills are amazing. He will not disappoint you!

Portland
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We just returned from the 7 day cruise on the Adriatic Pearl. The staff were exceptional. They certainly extended themselves. I am a very difficult to please vegetarian & health addict, so for me there was too much pasta & overcooked veggies for dinner. Breakfast & lunch were always adequate & good. Our staterooms were larger than the usual cruise ship & so exceptionally clean. The sea was not rough as the captain knew what he was doing.

The islands were better than the crowded cities of Split & Dubrovnik as they have been discovered by the large cruise ships.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
149 reviews
55 helpful votes
8. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We also took a 7 day cruise ex Dubrovnik to Split with island stops had the weather been warmer. We booked the Adriatravel.com and all things promised were delivered. We booked a three berth lower deck room and it was larger than our Paris hotel room. The cruise staff leaded by co directors Mati and darko were funny and informative. The restaurant experience is headed by Marin who ensures all passengers needs are taken care of to a 5 star level. We had a great time thanks to the other passengers who were fun loving and interesting. All ports of call were easily traversed and even the extra stops were appreciated. When the cruise ended we had to say goodbye to our fellow cruisers knowing that we may not or may meet again. An excellent way to see that part of Dalmacia. We were not disappointed. Thank you to our fellow passengers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now friends.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
62 helpful votes
9. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We just finished a week-long cruise on the Adriatic Pearl (October 2014) and could not have been more pleased.

The lower deck cabins are the best price performers. They are significantly less expensive and don't have people standing outside the cabin windows all the time -- kind of defeats the purpose of a window if you have to keep the curtains drawn. The only downside to the lower cabins is the noise when the boat's underway -- which is not often during a time you want to be in the cabin. Always travel with the yellow earplugs anyway -- they solve a lot of problems.

The higher number cabins are farther aft.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
10. Re: Adriatic Pearl 2013 Experience

We just finished the Adriatic Pearl experience July 18th - 25th--- Well, one day less than that since it was so AWFUL that my family of four left a day early. We got off the in Dubrovnik and stayed and a beautiful hotel instead of on the boat one more day/night.

The travel agent far over spoke about this boat. Rooms are very small and both rooms (my husband and I were in one and my 19 and 23 year old daughters were in another) began to smell very early on. The smell was of mold and after the room would be cleaned it would smell like mold with air freshener over it. The showers flooded the bathrooms no matter what you did. The sheets and towels were changed every other day and you had to pay to get a threadbare blue beach towel for the week. If you wanted a clean one you had to pay again. There was water available only at meals but you otherwise had to buy water on the boat. It was very hot that week an the boat offers only limited shade. The boat was not full and only about 1/3 of people could be in a shady spot, so if the sun got too intense, you ended up in your tiny, smelly room. Many people complained about the food. We were ok with that. Although very heavy-- lunch was typically a creamy pasta and bread and cake and something with potatoes, but tasty. There was too much time cruising during the day with absolutely nothing to do but be in the intense sun at the top deck. But even my daughters could only take so much of that and most people ended up retreated to their respective rooms. The staff never knew anyone's name. Were not able to make recommendations for restaurants or other things on the islands when we were docked.

The daily breaks to swim in the Adriatic Sea were the highlights At which point everyone would commiserate about how horrible the boat was. Two couples from New Zealand had just spend two weeks on a river cruise ending in Budapest. They said that was 5 star and this was 1 star. Another couple from Wales said they couldn't wait to see the travel agent who told them this was to be a great trip. A family from France also left early like we did.

Croatia is gorgeous and the the view from the boat is breathtaking. But this is absolutely not the way to do Croatia. Would recommend stay a few nights at a beautiful hotel in Dubrovnik; and Split and Hvar.

We cannot say enough how truly bad this boat experience was.

Edited: 8:23 am, July 28, 2015