We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

Johannesburg, South...
7 posts
Save Topic
sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

Hi everyone, please help!

I want to do a sailing trip with a group of friends and I don't know whether to do Greece, Croatia or Turkey. Could you please recommend which country is the best for sailling? Also, if you could recommend websites/companies for me to use.

Thank you so much!!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

I am from Croatia, and for me the best destination is Croatia. :) Croatia has very divided coast with more than 1000 islands and numeorus bays and lovely little places.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

i work as a skipper in Croatia for many years now, around 15 weeks each summer. I also worked in Greece several times.....both countries have amazing islands and coastline....maybe Croatian islands are less spoiled by mass tourism, except some Aegean islands in Greece. But Aegean sea which is most beautiful part of Greece is much more demanding to sail than any part of Croatia, because of weather conditions off course.......Also, Croatia has much better infrastructure in nautical tourism, many marinas and harbours which is rare in Greece, cause in case of bad weather you can choose where to hide in Croatia, but in Greece you need to lean to your anchor (even in harbours), they don't have such thing as mooring line (lazy line) so that makes it not safe enough......

.I hope i helped, you can also contact me at: vbublica@yahoo.com if you need any other help regarding sailing in Croatia....

Northampton
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

I've been to Croatia last summer with my friends and I would recommend it to anyone, that was really the dream vacation, from the beaches to the clubbing and partying, the sea is beautifull and the prices are also :) this was the organisation we took http://www.sailing.hr/, and I am really looking forward to going again.

Edited: 11:01 pm, February 17, 2013
4. Re: sailing in Greece, Croatia or Turkey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 19, 2014