We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Los Angeles...
10 posts
Save Topic
Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Hi!

I am attending a wedding in May 2013 in Serbia and need to be in Belgrade on May 23rd. We are coming from the US and would like to spend the week before in Croatia/Montenegro. Right now this is our itinerary but it seems very hectic. Does anyone know if there is a way to cut out Split? Or are there any suggestions to move things around? The only affordable flight to Belgrade on May 23rd comes from Tivat, Montenegro.....Split and Dubrovnik flights to Belgrade are very pricey with stops. So ideally, I will end up in Montenegro...There are two of us traveling...we are 30 and married.

5/17 arrive in Split

5/17-5/18 one night Split

5/18 ferry to Hvar Island...hoping there is one in the afternoon

5/18-5/20 stay in Hvar town

5/20 ferry back to Split and rent a car to drive to Dubrovnik?

5/20-5/22 stay in Dubrovnik

5/22 drive or take a bus to Budva?

5/22-5/23 stay the night in Budva

5/23 fly from Tivat to Belgrade

5/27 Belgrade to LAX

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,831 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Instead of going back to Split you could take the catamaran from Hvar town to Korcula town on the evening of 19 May and spend the night there. You could then get the bus or the Korkyra shuttle to Dubrovnik the following morning. I would stay in Kotor rather than Budva.

Los Angeles...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Thank you!! Do you know where the schedules are for the catamaran? Also, how do you suggest getting to Kotor from Dubrovnik? And why Kotor over Budva? We do love the beach but I have heard that Kotor is very romantic.

Los Angeles...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Another question....since we have such little time...would it be a more enjoyable and just as fulfilling trip if we did 3 nights in Dubrovnik (with day trips to the surrounding islands), 2 nights in Kotor and then 1 night in Budva? I hate to miss Hvar and Split but that adds so much travel to the trip. Are they aboslute musts?

Durham
Level Contributor
4,831 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

The catamaran timetable is here. http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html

I don't think there would be too much travelling, especially for May when the beach season isn't really in full swing. 40 mins airport to Split, 1 hour Split to Hvar, 1 hour 20 mins Hvar to Korcula, 3 hours Korcula to Dubrovnik, 2 hours to Kotor, 30 mins longer to Budva. In May you would not be able to do many day trips by boat from Dubrovnik. You can't go to Mljet for example. I prefer Kotor because the setting in the bay is more dramatic and there's much more of an old town. But if you want a beach Budva might be a better choice for you.

Los Angeles...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Thank you again...so helpful!! One more question...are you sure that Korcula can go straight to Dubrovnik? Is that by ferry?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,801 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Korcula to Dubrovnik will have to be by bus or car in May, no ferry.

Los Angeles...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

Thanks! Do you recommend Korcula as well? And how is it possible to bus or drive from there to Dubrovnik? Korcula is an island as well correct? Do you think this is the fastest way to get to Dubrovnik versus taking the ferry back to Split and then driving?

8. Re: Croatia- Montenegro- Serbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 25, 2014