We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

maryland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

We are thinking of a tour from Dubrovnik to Bled. We would like to extend to see Plitvice Lakes and Krkra national park. We need suggestions on where to stay and where to fly back to US

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,108 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

So will you stop on the way between Dubrovnik and Bled? And you will have a car the entire time? If touring Krka, I would suggest spending a night in Skradin and take the boat from there to the Park.

maryland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

No we will be on a group tour from Dubrovnik to Bled and then we will rent a car after that tour to go to Plitvice Lake and Krkra.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,108 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

Ok I see now...maybe you should just go to Plitvice and fly out of Zagreb when you are done..or if you really want to do both then go to Plitvice, then Krka, then fly out of Split.

maryland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

I guess what I am trying to figure out it how to get from Bled to Zagreb. Rent a car in Zagreb and go to Plitvice Lakes. Is it worth the drive to go to Krkra and then from there where is the best city to fly back to US or should we skip Krkra and just go to Plitvice Lakes and fly out of Zagreb? How much time to suggest for Plitvice Lakes and Krkra. I have read where people stay all day in Plitivice Lakes, but just 1/2 day in Krkra. Planning on going late April or early May before the crowds.

Thanks for your help.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,108 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

I think a full day in Plitvice is a good idea...I guess if you have an extra day to to Krka from there and then fly out of Split. I think its worth a day if you have the time. As I said before, if you skip Krka, then just fly out of Zagreb. Not sure of your options from Bled to Zagreb, maybe someone else can help you with that.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

Rent a car in Dubrovnik, drive to Krka falls, than go to Plitvice lakes. From there, drive to Bled and return to Zagreb to drop off car and fly off.

You can cover a lot of territory with one rent.

If you don't have time, skip Krka falls or Bled.

7. Re: Drive to Plitvice Lakes and Krkra National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 21, 2013