We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Hi guys,

I have read through quite a few of the posts in these forums from people asking about honeymoon recommendations and none of them quite cover what we are after for our own honeymoon so I am looking for your advice please.

We have two weeks in mid june for a romantic honeymoon in Croatia. To give you an idea of the type of things we would like to see and do - we both enjoy snorkelling and diving and sea Kayaking and would love to do these once or maybe twice during our stay. We are keen on doing a bit of island hopping and really want to see the areas of natural beauty. At the same time we love our restaurants and food and want to spend at least a few days in Dubrovnik/towns.

In terms of accommodation we are looking for small peaceful accommodation which is relatively secluded and private where possible - bit of luxury would be nice for part of it. I have promised my fiancee that Croatia can deliver the "clear sea" and balconies overlooking beautiful bays...We were considering Santorini and the Greek islands but have decided that Croatia is the better option.

So if you were doing a bit of Island hopping - I'm thinking Dubrovnik and two or three islands with at least one of them offering great kayaking and diving opportunities - where would you go and how would you get there?

We dont mind travelling about and would like to mix "seeing the sites" with some peace and seclusion surrounded by natural beauty.

We have not booked anything yet and will be glad of any advice. Has anybody honeymooned in Croatia and done similar trips? We'd particularly love to hear your recommendations.

At this stage I am tempted to say that budget will not be a major limiting factor - it will but we prefer to hear about the ideal itinerary and then whittle it down depending on what we can afford at the time.

Over to you guys...and thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,337 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

i am sending you a pm...

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Charley- can you send me the same PM? I am looking for similar advice for my trip at the beginning of August? I only have a week.... Thank you!!

los angeles
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

I would also love to see what you come up with for this itinerary - we are travelling for about 12-14 days at the end of august - I want to stay on the coast - we are both adventurous and foodies - and are happy to move around a few times... Thanks!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,337 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

12 days would be great. start in istria (flying into zagreb, renting a car)...drive down the coast...leaving the car in split, and visiting some of the wonderful islands there, and then back to split, take the bus to dubrovnik, and we flew BACK to zagreb...ticket was into zagreb and out.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Hi, this post looks just what I want the answer too, however we're flying in and out od Dubrovnik on Saturday for 12 nights.

Any thoughts or ideas about what to do?

Beavo1 - how was your trip?

Thanks!

Mel

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Newcastle
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Hi, this post looks just what I want the answer too, however we're flying in and out od Dubrovnik on Saturday for 12 nights.

Any thoughts or ideas about what to do?

Beavo1 - how was your trip?

Thanks!

Mel

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,464 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

I would start in Dubrovnik and then hit Korcula, Hvar, Split and then back down to Dubrovnik with maybe the last night in Cavtat.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Cavtat
Cavtat
Konavle, Croatia
Cheshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

Hi beavo1 - just wondering what you did on your trip. We are also planning for our honeymoon for July 2013 - again were looking at Santorini but thinking Croatia is our preferred destination, starting in Dubrovnik. Any information/help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

I'm also wondering about an itinerary similar to this. How is Croatia in February, March, or April? Is it too cold to do island hopping and enjoy the beaches?

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Island hopping honeymoon itinerary

I'm also wondering about an itinerary similar to this. How is Croatia in February, March, or April? Is it too cold to do island hopping and enjoy the beaches?

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe