We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatian Cruises

Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Croatian Cruises

I would like to cruise Croatia in September 2012, and there are so many operators and boats that I don't know where to start looking. I don't want a "cruise ship" but I don't want a "party boat" either. I'm on the wrong side of middle age and need my beauty sleep.

If you have any experience - good or bad - with Croatian cruises, I'd love to hear from you.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatian Cruises

Good question. I have the same problem and will be interested in any responses. I'm beginning to get the impression that Vintage Sailing boats are the way to go but even then most of those seen to be "party Boats" for young people. What cruises are there for the older age group?

Edited: 2:20 am, October 04, 2011
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatian Cruises

Good question. I have the same problem and will be interested in any responses. I'm beginning to get the impression that Vibtage Sailing boats are the way to go but even then most of those seen to be "party Boats" for young people. What cruises are there for the older age group?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatian Cruises

I know you mentioned "no cruise ships", but we sailed Azamara this past summer, to Croatia, and really enjoyed ourselves. Azamara has 2 ships, Journey and Quest. They are much smaller than the larger ships and the passenger are, for the most part, well traveled and "our age". We have sailed with them for 2 summers and really enjoy the smaller, less hassle experience.

La Calmette
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatian Cruises

Does anyone know anything about a boat called "MS Pape Prvi"? Top of Tours agency organizes an 8-day tour but I'm afraid it's too small (30/32 passengers) and 5 crew (to do everything). Thanks.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatian Cruises

You may want to contact Robert Aronson Sightseeing Croatia - Comprehensive Guide to Croatia ...

www.sightseeingcroatia.com/Croatian tour sightseeing portal for all major Croatian cities and villages, with 50 or more Croatian Google maps for Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, Hvar, Croatian islands , Croatian UNESCO sites.

After reading one "not favorable" report, we checked further and worked with Robert on a special day in Split and Trogir. It was a very special day and we loved it!

You may want to consider emailing him and see if he can help you.

6. Re: Croatian Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 04, 2013