We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches in Croatia?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches in Croatia?

Which islands have the best sandy beaches in Croatia. I know a lot of them are rock/pebble/slate, etc. Thanks!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,409 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

Have a look at the following link:-

croatia-beaches.com/best/best_beach_croatia.…

Enjoy Croatia!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,221 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

The beach at Lumbarda on Korcula is nice enough. I have always liked the looks of the sand beach Sunj on the island of Lopud near Dubrovnik. I wouldn't be put off by the pebble beaches though.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

silba has a great sandy beach.it is a small island near zadar.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

THanks for all the great suggestions. We are leaning towards some places off Zadar so will look into silba.

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

deffinitely sandy beach on silba,amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you would like more info as we vacation every summer on silba from ontario,canada,just pm me.

6. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, December 08, 2011
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

You have posted 19 times, all of them today inappropriate advertising which is not allowed on TA. I am reporting your posts..

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

Rab has best sand beaches in Croatia. Period. Unfortunately, most of the travelers on this forum are coming from English speaking countries and they will discover Rab in about 10 -15 years as they are still only about Dubrovnik, Hvar and other places that get press coverage.

Then there is Saharun on Dugi Otok, Kraljicina beach in Nin, Susak is a fabulous sand island, already mentioned Silba, Pašman island has some great sand beaches (even Jackie O was swimming there in the 60s). So, get off the main tourist routes to get to sand beaches.

9. Re: Best beaches in Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 19, 2013