We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia MUST do/see list

new york
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia MUST do/see list

I am traveling to Croatia in early September and I'm trying to come up with an itinerary. I'm going with my boyfriend and we are renting a car and will be there for 10 days. We're flying into Dubrovnik and flying out of Rijeka. We are most likely going to do a road trip up the coast and stop in certain cities and islands along the way.

So I guess my question is...what is your MUST SEE/DO list? I'm thinking in terms of your favorite islands, beaches, cities or sites.

Thank you!!!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia MUST do/see list

Arriving to Dubrovnik, I would rent a car and driving up along the Dalmatian coast visit all the places on it: SpliT (eventally Hvar also), Trogir, Primosten, Split, NP Krka, Sibenik and Zadar. From Zadar you could make one day excursion to NP Kornati.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia MUST do/see list

agree with Tamerlano and just would add a trip to Plitvice on your way from Zadar to Rijeka.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia MUST do/see list

I am also thinking about traveling to Croatia in September with mu girlfriend for the weekend. How are the beaches and weather that time of year? How does the club scene rate compared to Ibiza? If you could only go for a weekend to "unwind" where you would go and what would you do?

Idaho
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia MUST do/see list

Just got back...had a bad car rental experience... arrangements made through a company out of Maine...you?

5. Re: Croatia MUST do/see list

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 01, 2010