We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Los Angeles...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Hello everyone. I have come across the internet company GlobeSailor offering boats for rent around the world and am wondering if they are reputable? I'm thinking of chartering a sailboat somewhere in Europe (probably Croatia) this summer and have seen some mixed reviews but I like their prices. Any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
11 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Not sure what you're asking here. You've stated that you've already read mixed reviews. I would stick with popular companies such as Sunsail or Sail Croatia, but if cost is more important then you won't be swayed by risk.

Mentioned in this post
Sail Croatia
Sail Croatia
101 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Los Angeles...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Thanks for your message and advice about the other two - I'll check them out. The thing is, you can find mixed reviews about most companies, so I was just wondering if anyone had any other personal experience with GlobeSailor or not.

Versailles, France
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Hello Steven!

Glad you like our prices! We try to give a best price guarantee.

For starters, GlobeSailor is Yachtpool certified meaning that we have Yacht Pool financial insurance certificate and our customers’ payments are safe. Yacht Pool monitors GlobeSailor’s financial stability and solvency. Yacht Pool insurance is an international standard in the yacht charter industry.

Also, we’ve got 10 years of chartering experience with 3 physical offices in France and thousands of satisfied clients. We vet our charter partners rigorously and take seriously the reviews left by our clients!

Have you already reached out to one of our sailing experts for a quote? Don’t hesitate!

Hope to see you out on the water!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Did you read this thread: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18707…

Los Angeles...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Hello to both of you..

So, I asked for a quote yesterday from GlobeSailor and I was offered boats from SunSail, Dalmatia Charter, and Noa Yachting. I was given a comprehensive comparison between these three operators at my request.. SunSail being big operator and well-known with their quality boats but prices on the higher end. Dalmatia had older boats that seem to be well-maintained and heavily improved on the equipment side (solar panels, extra batteries, improved bowthruster). Noa Yachting is a family business with superb quality boats with the most competitive price given between the qutoes.

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for in an agent. I don’t have to go anywhere else because I can see the prices from many at the same time… The lady I was talking to on the phone has already sailed in Croatia, was easy to talk to, and informed on the destination which made her advice rather useful.

In regard to the review link you sent previously, I have asked for a hold on the boat, so I don’t think this boat can be double booked.

@J0J0ZgHR have you ever chartered a boat in Croatia? And if yes, with whom? Thanks for your feedback either way!

Mentioned in this post
Dalmatia
Dalmatia
Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Boston...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

J0J0ZgHR have you ever chartered with the GlobeSailor yourself? I've been chartering for the past 15 years on my own. I've started sailing as a child with my father. I was using Sunsail and Moorings and as far as I know GlobeSailor offers their boats as well.

I definitely agree with the last comment of Steven P. As mentioned already, I was chartering with Sunsail and Moorings before, and I wanted to try out a new service, and was recommended GlobeSailor by a friend who had already chartered with them before. I've also contacted several other agencies and the only company who actually called me to get a better understanding of my inquiry was GlobeSailor. VS just sending a bunch of offers.

My advisor was Victoria who had found me a sweet deal and an excellent boat with a local Croatian company Ban Tours. The boat was a 2008 build, but very clean and functional. Great price.

I did ask who owns the boat and they did tell me the name of the company and the name of the boat I was actually getting. I did not encounter such transparency and boat knowledge with other agents, and I will definitely use GlobeSailor again who has a good insight into the market. Here is the pic of the beauty I chartered:

https://postimg.cc/image/5tmhw67rb/

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

Hey Steven P: You aren't employed by or have connections to this company that you're "enquiring" about perchance?!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

@Rhino B: Nice boat. That pic can easily be pulled from the internet though. Not saying that you didn't hire it, it just doesn't prove anything.

Boston...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

J0J0ZgHR I'm not sure what you mean? My goal wasn't to prove anything.

I'm providing a review linked to this company to help other boat lovers.

I am not sure what your agenda is, though... what are you trying to "prove" if you haven't chartered with them?!?!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?

It seems really odd that OP is enquiring about the legitimacy of a company due to mixed reviews, then you pop in the same day, and then OP gives a glowing recommendation of the company. My agenda is to not see people get ripped off, and it seems GS has done some of that, not that OP seems to care.

Reply to: Is GlobeSailor trustworthy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted