We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Which Sofia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Thinking of coming to Bulgaria on our next vacation and wanted to combine sight seeing with the beach. We would like to visit Sofia and other towns on recommendation and then spend a week on the beach. What beach town would you recommend for a family? Also, which hotels would you recommend for 2 adults and one 15 year old and 9 year old child? All inclusive would be ideal.

Thank you in advance.

Vicktorya

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Hi Vicktorya

I would recommend a visit to Veliko Turnovo - the old capital of Bulgaria,It is situated half way between Sofia and Varna.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
365 posts
798 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Fuinthesun

My suggestion might not be everyone's first choice but we spent a week at the All Inclusive Marina Royal Palace a detached large complex south of the traditional Sunny Beach holiday area at a place called Duny. It is a complex which is by itself, quite isolated, but is large and offers some excellent facilities including pools and a great beach. Just check this out as it is an alternative to the Sunny Beach area. Whatever you choose you'll love Bulgaria great friendly people. Enjoy

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Have a look at the SOL Nessebar Hotel situated between Nessebar and Ravda as they offer AI, friends of ours stayed there this year and really enjoyed it. You could also look at the Evrika Hotel in Sunny Beach, it sits in the Northern end of the resort about a 10 mins walk from the centre and offers a good entertainment programme for adults and kids, we've also had reports of the food/drinks being better than most of the other AI hotels.

I've also heard that the Aqua Nevis Hotel in Sunny Beach is quite popular because it's linked to the Action Aqua Park.

I would try and have a look at Plovdiv Old Town on the way down, it's well worth a visit if you've never been before. Balchik is also a nice place to visit, the summer palace and gardens are lovely in the summer.

Edited: 4:10 pm, September 18, 2013
Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
260 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Id definitely recommend Veliko Turnovo too, pleanty to see and do there for a few days and much better than Sofia in my opinion. I've never stayed in a beach town but the beach town I've enjoyed visiting the most are Pomorie and Chernmorets

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

Hi,

if you wanna visit beaches best time is june - september. I suggest you to visit Sofia, Plovdiv, Veliko turnovo and on Black sea Neseber its nice for family holidays and its really close to Sunny Beach if u want party. If you don't want party check some hotels in Goldan Sands :)

6. Re: Best time of year to visit Bulgaria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 07, 2015