We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips

north west
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips

Can anyone suggest any interesting day trips from Sofia?

Thanks

RF2
Dimitrovgrad
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips

If you are using a car the following are within 1:30-3:00 (or less) hours drive.

South

Rila monastery, Bansko, Melnik, Vitosha mountain

South-East

Plovdiv, Bachkovo monastery, Koprivshtitsa, Hisarya, Starosel

North

Magura cave, Belogradchik, Baba Vida forstress (Vidin)

Norht-East

Troyan, Troyan monastery

East

Kazanlak (Thracian tomb), Shipka peak

I have done even longer day trips but you have to enjoy driving to cover them without feeling the time on the road as a burden.

E.g. driving through the Rodopi mountains is a real pleasure for me even if I am not going anywhere specifically.

Edited: 11:46 am, June 12, 2011
north west
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips

Thanks for a really useful post.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips

Hello

I think you have several options for day trips:

Rila Monastery

Plovdiv

Bachkovo Monastery (which can be done with the Plovdiv)

Koprivshtitsa

Generally you can visit many other places, but these are the main I think, but are also comfortable for day trip.

If you decide to travel and sleep in different places can combine them.

Also I would recommend Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanassi and Gabrovo (museum and monument Shipka), but as I said earlier in a matter of choice and planning.

You can also visit this address www.transfers-bg.eu they offer different tours. If nothing else at least you can get information about locations and prices.

I hope I was helpful.

4. Re: Day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sofia