We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

Hello, does anybody know if there is a bus service from the railway station to the airport? If not, is a taxi the only option? Many thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

I open the link of sofia airport and it's write there :

" From Sofia Airport it is easy to access Sofia centre or the Central Railway Station by using the services of the city bus or a route taxi minibus "

www.sofia-airport.bg/pages/content.aspx…

I can't help you more because I dont know sofia at all sorry, wait that someone els will give more diteild ( - :

david

Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

There is no subway station at the airport.

I'm not aware about anything regarding the shuttle minibus, hope someone else would be.

Bus connection is available, 2 different lines serve the 2 terminals.

Here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294451-i3250-k342… you can find link to a map of Sofia public transportation, and very detailed explanation on route of bus #84 which serves Terminal#1 (on which you should arrive if you use low cost or charter flight). The explanations are available at the final paragraph of Phillip's post.

www.sofia-airport.bg/pages/content.aspx…

The map is in Cyrillic letters, so here are the key words which concern you:

"Летище София"- Sofia airport,

"Терминал 1"- Terminal 1,

"Централна гара"- Central Railway station.

Information on how to avoid scam cabs, which are the legitimate cab companies (those authorized to serve the airport), how to recognize them, how to avoid possible trials of unfair charging are widely available through the forum- just enter "taxi" or "cab" in the search bar.

For visual recognition of cabs and their airport offices, use this www.oktaxi.net/cgi-bin/oktaxi.pl…

To make it double sure and with less effort, perhaps the best is just to go to the office and ask for directions.

According to the currently published tariff, the following prices apply:

- initial fee- 0,60 BGN (you should see this price at the meter screen once the meter is switched on);

- day tariff- 0,59 BGN per km (valid from 6:00am to 10:00pm);

- night tariff- 0,70 BGN per km (valid from 10:00pm to 6:00am);

- waiting/idle time- 0,18 BGN per minute (counted when the cab does not move- at traffic lights, traffic jams, stopovers upon client's request).

Roughly, from T2 to the central bus station which is just next to the central railway station the total cost shouldn't exceed 12-15 BGN (much depends on the traffic). T1 is close to T2 so I guess there's no significant difference in price from T1 to the railway station; however I can't state how much is the price as didn't use T1 recently.

To re-calculate the BGN prices into Euro, roughly divide on 2. For GBP- use whichever currency converter you trust most.

Further for the cabs:

OK Supertrans operate at both T1 and T2, while the company "Taxi S-Express (91280)" operates on T2 only. Check this www.sofia-airport.bg/pages/content.aspx…

I can't open the web page of S-Express and didn't use them, so no idea about their tariffs.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
15 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

Haya, please consider the following:

In both Sofia Airport and Sofia Central BUS Station there are taxi stands where the operators are proven and not at all rip-offs. Expect a bill of around EUR 5 or 7 per car, per way, it doesn't make much sense to waste time on buses as you will have to change lines and get a separate ticket for each of your suitcases as well (I am not all joking). However be very careful when on the Central TRAIN station as it lacks control of the taxi companies and you may end up with a heartstopping bill. Walk 3 minutes from the Train station to the Bus station (adjacent buildings) and get a cab. The entire exersice is 20 mintues and costs EUR 7. Remember to get the cab from the BUS station, NOT THE TRAIN station. If in any doubt or need further info - post here or send me a private message. Take care.

4. Re: Transport between Sofia train station and sofia airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sofia