We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

I am in Sofia and need to ring Westpac in Australia who have cut off my money.

The tourist info in Sofia tell me there is no way to ring international from pay phones And also there are no telephones centres to place calls.

They tell me to buy a sim card.

But I only want to make I call as I am getting out soon.

Also apparently no Internet cafes.

Tourist info proudly announced there is no need as Bulgarians all have their own computers.

I need to ring direct to the bank person to person without Skype or similar.

Any advice appreciated!!!

sofia
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
1. Re: International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

There are a bit of internet cafes, but still nothing like it was back in the 90s and early 2000s when Computer clubs were at every corner. Really the main reason to have little internet cafes is that mostly everybody even the poorest gypsies have their own computers and internet connection. Internet cafes can go out of business easily. Go to Mania computer club in Studentski grad its one of the few clubs left.

Edited: 4:25 am, July 19, 2017
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
135 posts
2. Re: International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

Why not get some Skype or viber credit and call from your smartphone or tablet?

Or, you can get a prepaid sim for about 10bgn.

Edited: 2:50 pm, July 19, 2017
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
135 posts
3. Re: International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

You can also try in the sofia library, AFAIK they have public computers. Not sure about the conditions to use them, sorry.

4. Re: International Telephone or Internet Cafe Access in Sofia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 21, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Sofia
Recent Conversations