We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarajevo and Medjugorje

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
133 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sarajevo and Medjugorje

We will be in Sarajevo for the WWI centennial for a very limited time and our trip ought to include a short visit to Medjugorje. This is definitely not the kind of trip with limited schedule I would want but sadly I don't have a choice. The plan is to arrive in Sarajevo Sat. June 28 in the morning, on a night bus from Vienna. At around 6pm the Vienna Philharmonic performs at Vijecnica. We should be heading to Medjugorje the next day (does not need to be for Mass) and take the overnight bus to Vienna from what I guess should be Sarajevo again.

We might, if possible, add an extra day to this trip but as of now this is what we have. One more data point: we are traveling with a teenager and would like to obviously emphasize the two wars that shook the city.

With that in mind:

1. Would anyone provide some pointers on a possible path?

2. Is a short visit to Medjugorje doable?

3. Would/could that entail returning to Sarajevo for potentially more time to cover other things there or should we strongly consider returning to Vienna via an alternative route?

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarajevo and Medjugorje

One day for visiting Međugorje is enough, it's small place... so you will have enough time to go all around city. You have bus from Sarajevo to Mostar, and you can exit in Mostar, then take cab to Međugorje (maybe 20€) But maybe better way is to book your rout directly via some car service directly from Sarajevo to Međugorje and back. I can recommend you those guys sarajevo.transfer@gmail or info@airport-transfer.ba if you need transport from Sarajevo to some other city. Very kind and professional staff.

2. Re: Sarajevo and Medjugorje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 05, 2015