We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarajevo-Belgrade

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Topic
Sarajevo-Belgrade

Hi,

I am on interrail this summer and I wonder how I easiest will get from Sarajevo to Belgrade (I am heading for Sofia). Unfortunately the train-connection is "currently suspended"...

I will be grateful for any advice :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarajevo-Belgrade

Unless you want a very circuitous route, you're not going to be able to make use of an interrail pass to get from Sarajevo to Belgrade. In fact, for the entire region you might rethink the rail pass option since trains aren't always the best way to get places and in any case fares are not high.

The easiest way is flying with Jat, but it runs about 110 euros one-way.

Other than that, you're looking at a bus. There's regular bus service once a day (6am) from Sarajevo bus station, and a few times a day from East Sarajevo station.

You can double check times with the Belgrade bus station site: www.bas.rs/basweb_eng/redvoznje.aspx?lng=en

Mini-bus may be a good alternative: http://geatours.rs/

Happy travels!

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarajevo-Belgrade

Thank you - very helpful info!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarajevo-Belgrade

Tobias, if you will do just Balkans maybe is better and cheaper to buy Balkan Flexi Pass, is a pass that least when I used it was very cheap and you can use it for almost all Balkan countries.

4. Re: Sarajevo-Belgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014