We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Info: Good for Airport AND seeing Sarajevo?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
105 reviews
Hotel Info: Good for Airport AND seeing Sarajevo?

I have one day in Sarajevo, then I leave fairly early the next morning (7:45am) for Istanbul in Mid-May.

Could I please get a few hotel suggestions for hotels thato would make it easy to get to the airport early in the morning, but would also be close enough to the Sarajevo city centre so that I have good base to see the city?

Traveling with my wife. No car. Prefer mid-level (3 star) Hotels, but I'm not overly picky.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
1. Re: Hotel Info: Good for Airport AND seeing Sarajevo?

From center of Sarajevo early in the morning you will need around 20 minutes to get to the airport and there are two options, one is taking a taxi (watch out they don't rip you off) and second one is taking the first trolleybus in morning and then walking a bit to the airport. This is in case it is a working day as on weekend not sure trolleybus leaves early enough. There is no public transportation directly from city center to the airport.

This hotel is just next to the airport but as far I know you need to walk a bit to the closest public transportation:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294450-d111979…

This hotel is close to the airport, just next to it is the tram stop, you need around 20 minutes by tram to get to the city center:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294450-d121409…

This one is close to the airport, you need to walk a bit to the tram stop, is around 15 minutes by tram to the city center:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294450-d122546…

This one is in same area as the Hotel Hollywood:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294450-d164274…

This one is more or less in same area as Hotel Sarajevo:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294450-d253267…

2. Re: Hotel Info: Good for Airport AND seeing Sarajevo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014