We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

vancouver
Level Contributor
89 posts
330 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

We are planning to hire a car in Sarajevo, drive it to Montenegro and drop it off in Dubrovnik.

Any advise

Thanks

Monvan

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

Best is you look offers from major companies such as Sixt, Avis, Budget and then see what is most convenient for you. With all these companies you can hire a car at Sarajevo airport and drop it off at Dubrovnik airport.

vancouver
Level Contributor
89 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Thank you.Not all companies allow this route and if they do, they charge $250.00 drop off .

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

You are welcome. Here is a Bosnian company but they don't have an office in Dubrovnik, you can send them an e-mail and see if you can do drop off in Dubrovnik and how much would be.

Website is only on Bosnian as far I saw but at this link you can find the e-mail address: http://rentnewage.ba/kontakt.php

vancouver
Level Contributor
89 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

Thanks again. I sent them an e-mail. Hopefully I'll get a reply.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

You are welcome again :) When you planned to make the trip? As if they don't reply your e-mail I can call them and ask them

vancouver
Level Contributor
89 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

We are going to be in Sarajevo on september 24th for 2 nights .Picking up a car on the 26th. (if all works well)

Hvala

london
Level Contributor
421 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental

We used Arguscarhire.com although that was picking a car up in Split, driving through Bosnia and dropping off in Dubrovnik.

I emailed them my itinerary and they came back with a quote. When I was researching this area I found it much easier to pick up/drop off in the same country. For example I tried getting a quote for picking up Slovenia, dropping off in Croatia and most companies wouldn't allow, or it was very expensive.

vancouver
Level Contributor
89 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental

Thanks Twig. I'll try them, but I think I found a car rental which allows picking up in one country and dropping off at another with a drop off charge of 80.00 euro which is not bad considering the low rental itself.it is called Best buy rent

for future reference.

9. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2014