We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

We plan on travelling from Sarajevo to Ljubljana in September.

From what I can see, Globtour bus company run a direct route plus sell their tickets online which is great whilst the train seems to go to Zagreb where we'd need to change and then onto Ljubljana (can't find any option to purchase online apart from the super-expensive Deutsche Bahn).

Both bus and train seem to take around 12 hours, so I wondered if anyone can give me any info/feedback on them.

Personally we're happy to travel with either, but are interested to hear others experiences.

Thank you!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

TIMETABLE- upper left corner. Just appier at cashier office one day before travel and buy tickets to Zagreb or to Ljubljana (with change the train in Zagreb).

http://www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/

You can buy the ticktets in Sarajevo to Ljubljana and change the train in Zagreb. See the price to LJubljana in KM (Konvertibile Mark-Bosnian money-1€= aprox. 2 KM). It is less than 50€ single one way ticket.

www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/index.php…

Scroll down to see connection train number from Zg. to Ljubljana and time of departure:

www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/index.php…

Please, contact me to recommand tourist guide in Sarajevo and in Mostar.

@Pipi

prvi.pipi.duga.devetka@gmail.com

Edited: 3:13 pm, July 25, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

If you choose bus transport, you can make reservation tickets in Centrotrans-bus line company at e-mail address:

i.kerla@centrotrans.com

Sarajevo - Ljubljana Departures from Sarajevo Tuseday, Thursday and Sunday at 20:40 Single ticket one way 88 KM= 45€ Single ticket two ways: 141 KM = 72€ Arrival at Ljubljana: 06.00. Centrotrans-bus lines company is member of Eurolines.

Please, contact me to recommand tourist guides for Mostar and Sarajevo.

prvi.pipi.duga.devetka@gmail.com

Regards,

@Pipi

Edited: 3:03 pm, July 28, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

All small or big complaints, considering tourism, be free to send Ministry for

Tourism FBiH Entity:

fmoit@fmoit.gov.ba

Another address for complaints at state level is Ministry for Civil affairs, both entities and District Brcko:

zorica.rulj@mcp.gov.ba

Edited: 12:24 am, July 31, 2012
4. Re: Sarajevo to Ljubljana by bus or train....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 06, 2013