We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

I'll travel from Sarajevo to Split by train with stopover at Mostar. Is there any luggage store at Mostar train station ?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

The train does not go to Split from that direction, though you can take a bus from Mostar to Split. There have been recent threads about luggage storage in Mostar.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

There in Mostar there is no small luggage lockers, but in the Bus Station and Railway Station in Mostar there are wardrobes with man-control of issuing and receiving luggages

Regards,

@Pipi

Could you please put your impressions from Sarajevo and Mostar, eventualy photos, at the Forum like some kind of Travel Report?

Mentioned in this post
Sarajevo Railway Station
Sarajevo Railway Station
1 Review
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Just took the train from Mostar to Sarajevo. The scenery was described as stunning. Yes, true. But the train windows were so dirty that I could not see the beautiful scenery. Also the seats have ben so degraded that the railways should be ashamed. And passengers smoked throughout. And the train arrived 30 minutes late.

Until they improve the service, I recommend the bus.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

The Railway Company of Federation BiH just has improoved their service.

Please see the pictures from 13th June 2012:

klix.ba/vijesti/…

Edited: 3:30 pm, June 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Pipi...will this be the train from Mostar to Sarajevo from now on?

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Several times I gave wrong info at this Forum. I am afraid to repeat this wrong info until I see the train which I can see from my home passing to/from Mostar. In the news at media there info that from July 2nd 2012. starts EMV (Electro-motor train) at line Zenica-Sarajevo-Mostar-Ploce (Croatia).

I hope during August will start TALGO train with Europian comfort in wagons. Just ''I HOPE''.

There is more info that Croatia cutting all lines toward Sarajevo and Bosnia in the begining of 2013. Because of lines do not make profit.

Croatia sold EMV train to Bosnia and I cannot beleive politics cutting entire Bosnia from Europe.

Edited: 5:49 pm, June 30, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Pipi. This is interesting information about Croatia cutting trains to Sarajevo in 2013. We hope to travel from Zagreb to Sarajevo and back so hopefully these will still be running in October when we travel.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Yes, October 2012 is ok and I hope politicians will fix the problem.

Edited: 7:39 pm, July 07, 2012
Galway
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

I wonder can anyone provide up to date information on the Sarajevo to Mostar rail link. The DB site no longer lists Mostar as a stop on the Sarajevo to Ploce route.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sarajevo to Mostar by Train

Here mate...

http://www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/konekcija_en.php