We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarajevo Airport to City center

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Sarajevo Airport to City center

I will be going to Sarajevo this Wednesday. I have checked this forum but do not seem to find any recent information in regards to how and what is the best way to get from the airport to the city.

Is there any buses running? If i take a TAXI is there a specific taxi line or prepaid or do I just grab one there, how much should it be?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

I was told that the bus can be unreliable, though there are timetables to be found on the airport website.

A taxi should cost you no more than 20 euros, though these days everyone wants to be paid in Bosnian KM, so perhaps get some cash out at an ATM at the airport while you are still there. You need to agree the fare with the taxi driver BEFORE you set off, and make sure the meter is switched on. There are rogues around! Sarajevo Taxis are renowned for being tricky, but there are other taxi companies, a search here should bring them up, along with telephone numbers. I think I found my taxi company on one of the Sarajevo tourist websites.

Good luck, and have a great time in Sarajevo.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

PS I have used Sarajevo Taxis, as they are what my hotel booked for me, but I just insisted the meter was switched on as we drove off, and no problem.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
3. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

As @greenfrogfrolics said, take Konvertibile Marks (KM) from ATM at SJJ Airport, go out from the Airport area and than ring some other taxi company for transport. Taxi service in Sarajevo is the best kind of the transport and very cheap.

Various Taxi companies:

Žuti (Yellow) Taxi (+387) 33 663 555

Crveni (Red) Taxi (+387) 33 760 600; 760 601; 760-602

Kale (Kasim's) Taxi (+387) 33 570 900; 570 901

These companies will not cheat you.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
4. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Taxi from Airport to the City center - the price is about 7 € ( 14 KM) if the meter is on!

Lisbon
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Just to confirm, does the bus actually run, or is it unreliable in the sense that it's late?

Lisbon
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Another question... is walking to the trolleybus and taking the trolleybus doable? It seems only 800-900m to the nearest trolley bus stop on the map.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
7. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Yes, Trolley-bus is a few hundred meters out of SJJ Airport area. Just go among buildings and you will find trolley-bus wires. Follow the wires and you will find the nearest trolley-bus stop.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
8. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Shutlle bus TIMETABLE (Bosnian=Croatian=Serbian language):

www.sia.ba/slikevijesti/red_voznje_sia.jpg

Price: 6€

Edited: 10:13 am, September 25, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
1 post
2 reviews
9. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

Is the shuttle bus still running? I tried to find the stop when I was in town a couple of days back but couldn't locate it. I also asked some local people (including one tour guide and the staff at my hotel) and none of them had even heard of it.

Perhaps I was just looking in the wrong place... I'm back home now so it's not that important for me anymore but not finding the stop just bugged me a bit when leaving.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
10. Re: Sarajevo Airport to City center

I am going to check does the line still exsist and put info. at this Forum.

In mean time keep on mind this info:

sarajevo.co.ba/wp-content/uploads/satax.jpg