We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

Can anyone suggest the best route to fly to Sarajevo from Ireland, via Vienna? any advice please.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

Hey,

I'm flying from Frankfurt Hahn to Osijek and getting a train down from there. The flight was only 40€. I just started a new post to find out about the trains but from what I read in other forums, they run quite regularly to Sarajevo and take about 5hrs and are quite cheap. Try skyscanner.net for other flight routes.

Shane

Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

Thank you for advice. we are not travelling until next year- a group of 25 so we will keep looking.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
718 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

It may not suit you but you may want to consider Aer Lingus direct to Dubrovnik (lovely city) and then a bus to Sarajevo. I reckon it is 4-6 hours by bus though.

Otherwise I don't know any cheap way to get to Sarajevo.

EdH
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

To be honest the easiest way for you would be to fly directly to Sarajevo (SJJ) via Vienna (VIE) from Dublin (DUB), it might not be cheap, just think of a hassle arriving on one destination and then some 5-8 hours on the bus. I am regular traveller to SJJ from Birmingham UK (every 4-5 moths) via Munich with Lufthansa once or twice via Vienna, and you will be there in no time. I have considered flying my self to Dubrovnik or Split few times, as it is cheaper, but then I could not face another 6 or so hours on the bus, it’s just not worth it. Check flights from Ireland via Munich, as there are 2 flights daily to Sarajevo. I usually leave Birmingham at 7am and I am in Sarajevo for Midday (11am GMT).

Check my other post regarding the taxi service from the airport. Welcome to Bosnia.

5. Re: Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 19, 2010