We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Sarajevo?

Ottawa
13 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Sarajevo?

I will be visiting Sarajevo soon for the first time and wondering if there are any "must buys" that I should watch out for. I am going mostly for sight-seeing and history, but being a shopper at heart, I'd like to see what's a "gotta-have" from this city. I heard somewhere that leather goods are a good deal here. Is this true?

Thank you in advance for all input!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
97 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Sarajevo?

Hmmm...

A tough one for me, since I'm not much of a shopper.

I don't know about leather, because I don't wear it. I'd recommend hand-made jewelry and jewelry boxes, chess, ibriks (zemaljskimuzej.ba/images/…7ibrik.jpg) - all can be found at Bascarsija, carpets (there's a good Persian carpet shop at Morica Han). That's about it, at least that I can remember right now.

I'm sure you'll learn once you get here that Sarajevo and whole Bosnia & Herzegovina is more about what you take in your heart and memories with you than the material things that you can buy.

Good luck and welcome to B&H.

Jasmina

2. Re: Shopping in Sarajevo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 08, 2009