We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Europe - 2 month Backpacking trip

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Eastern Europe - 2 month Backpacking trip

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip around Eastern Europe from mid Sep to mid Nov (length of time dependent on money). We are flying into Dubrovnik for ease but don't want to stay as we have been there twice already and want to make our way over to turkey along the coast(ish) and then up through the middle hopefully ending up in Poland, seeing as much as possoble on the way.

Has anyone got any must sees or tips they can share in general?

Also more specifically....

- As we land in Dubrovnik we thought we might head straight into Bosnia & Herzegovina or Montenegro. I was looking at just Sarajevo for B&H but it looks as though Mostar might be the place to go - any one got any comments about this? Should we do both or one or the other?

- I havent heard much about Albania has anyone got any thoughts on wether we should head there or give it a miss?

- We would like to branch out a bit and visit some smaller towns as well as cities any suggestions?

- I would like to do as much nature stuff as city stuff so are there any national parks/good adventure spots?

Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
380 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern Europe - 2 month Backpacking trip

Mostar is on the way to Sarajevo, so you can stop there. 2 hours are enough for a visit.

If you want to hike in the mountains, you shuld plan that in the first half of your travel. Montenegro has many places to hike, incl Durmitor NP. Also in ALbania, the Albanian Alps, THethi is a very nice place.

Ñost tourism is concentrated on the coast, so inland it is easy to visit untouristy towns and villages.

2. Re: Eastern Europe - 2 month Backpacking trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 07, 2014