We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

Paris, FR
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

What's the best way to get from Dubrovnik to Mostar? Is it worth it to rent a car (financially, for two students), or is there a decent bus?

Also, are hostels available cheaply in Mostar? Can't find too much online, but i'm hoping something is available last minute...

Thanks for your help!

connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

I don't know about the public bus, but there are day excursions available from Dubrovnik to Mostar. As far as accomidations when I was there in July 2005 I saw a lot of signs advertising rooms for let for 25 euros a night.

The Hague
2 posts
2. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

It is absolutely worth it renting a car and driving yp to Mostar. The bus tours are not really for young people - too many restricions on time, etc. Once you arrive you will see that it is very easy to find a place to stay for not much money and people are very nice. I think you may like it to spend a little more time in Mostar and the surrounding area (Pocitelj, Blagaj-Tekija, etc.)

The Hague
2 posts
3. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

It is absolutely worth it renting a car and driving yp to Mostar. The bus tours are not really for young people - too many restricions on time, etc. Once you arrive you will see that it is very easy to find a place to stay for not much money and people are very nice. I think you may like it to spend a little more time in Mostar and the surrounding area (Pocitelj, Blagaj-Tekija, etc.)

Israel
Level Contributor
114 posts
200 reviews
4. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

how long does it take to drive to Mostar? Is the road decent? are road signs clear?

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
5. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

The journey is simple, just follow the coast until the Neretva and then turn inland through Metkovic.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,095 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

The drive from Dubrovnik to Mostar is about 140 km and it is a pretty decent drive....all two laned roads. How long it will take you is dependent on the traffic that you will encounter, especially on the coastal road out of Dubrovnik. But I would say about two hours to get there. This summer we had to wait a few minutes to get across the border checkpoint..have passports ready! Mostar was a great experience. I just wish we would have had more time there...five or six hours was just not enough. Have a great trip!

7. Re: Going from Dubrovnik to Mostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 22, 2009