We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
From Skopje to Sarajevo?

What is the best way to travel from Skopje to Sarajevo? I can't seem to find much information on train and bus travel between these two places. Does this mean I have to fly? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
1. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Here is info abt Sarajevo-Skopje every Friday bus line by ''Centrotrans'' company and probobly, return departure from Skopje to Sarajevo is every Sutarday:

http://www.bhtourism.ba/eng/bybus.wbsp

There is no info abt this bus line at web. site of ''Centrotrans'' company:

www.centrolines.ba/loc/template.wbsp…

Another option is train via Belgrade:

http://www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/

(Upper left corner TIMETABLE)

The third option is to fly from Skopje.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Airplane is the best way... All other options are pretty miserable.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
3. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

I've sent e-mail message to director-manager of Centrotrans bus company that his company going to disapear in a few years.

He replayed to me with new info. that from Skopje to Sarajevo CTS company has line every Wednesday and Sunday at 20:00,

Edited: 5:55 pm, August 01, 2011
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Hi, My sister and I are wanting to go from Sarajevo to Skopje in January. Does the bus still leave on Tuesdays and Fridays? Or is it Wednesday and Saturdays now??

Thanks!

5. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:51 am, December 07, 2011
Edited: 7:51 am, December 07, 2011
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
6. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Yes, departures from Sarajevo to Skopje are Tuesdays and Fridays at 18:30.

Wednesdays and SUNDAYS are return drives with deparutres from Skopje to Sarajevo at 20:00. Transport company: ''Centrotrans'' - Sarajevo.

Please, open your Inbox, I've just sent private message for you.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

PipiDugadevetka,

So the Centrotrans bus leaves every wednesday at 20:00 directly to Sarajevo? Any idea how long it takes and the cost?

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
8. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

I've just sent new e-mail message to director manager of ''CENTROTRANS'' company with your question. He is going to explain to me about price and duration of the direct travel Skopje-Sarajevo.

Just to repeat. on Wedensdays and on Sundays at 20:00 are departures from Skopje to Sarajevo by ''Centrotrans'' company.

At some busses are written name ''Centrobus - lines'' member of Eurolines.

On monday I am going to post more info abt prices and duration of the drive.

@Joematoskah,

Please, open your inbox I've just sent message with recommendation for licenced tourist guides in Sarajevo and Mostar.

Edited: 5:04 pm, December 17, 2011
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Thanks pipi

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
10. Re: From Skopje to Sarajevo?

Here are info abt. prices and duration of the travel from SKopje to Sarajevo by Centrotrans-bus company from Sarajevo:

Departure Centrotrans-bus from Skopje is at 20:00 and arrival in Sarajevo is at 11:40 next day. Price for single one way ticket is 97,60KM (1KM - Konvertibile Mark = aprox. 0,5€).

Two way ticket is 176 KM

It means, you will travel by bus more than 15 hours.

Just keep on mind that you should pay for luggage separately.

For luggage prepare money in cash. One or two € per suitcase.

You will pass a few countries and I don't know about visas or showing passport anything. Infact I don't know itinerer of the bus from Skopje to Sarajevo.